Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Mischievous March 2022 Start #4 - The Raven

I chose another somewhat easy one for the last week of starts. I thought it was completely monochrome, but turns out there's 3 shades in it. The charted project looks like this:

And I found some 25ct opalescent congress cloth from Silkweavers that seemed pretty fun to try it out. I've never stitched on congress cloth as far as I know. I only managed a small start, some of the black border. The border, the stars and the raven are all black and the words and fence are medium gray and light gray. I might just stitch it all in black to make it easier though. I think that would look good as well. Or maybe do the fence in that 3799 Etoile Rachel and I have been using on the WBTW projects? 

Anyway, here's my small start:
The Raven by La-D-Da
stitched 1 over 1 full cross on 25ct congress cloth by Silkweavers with DMC 310

And now it's really time to catch up from my January plans. I've not been in a great stitching mood recently with a lot of stress from work carrying home, but hopefully that will change at some point. 

I hope you're all getting lots of stitching time and don't forget to check Rachel's post for another cute stamp! They're raising fees on Etsy sellers as of April 11, so if you're looking to purchase anything, do it soon or check their personal websites if they have them. 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

4 comments:

  1. Nice start on La De Da The Raven, I too would do all black just because of the stunning effect.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start on this design. I think the fence in the etoile would look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great start and will look awesome whether you do it all in black or as charted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new start. Too bad to hear about Etsy sales. They just got too big.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...