Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Mischievous March 2022 Start 2 - Spooky SAL

It's here again, and in true mischievous fashion I again chose a larger project. I think I must plan to live till 100 or retire in 5 years or there's no way I'm ever going to finish everything! I do love this one though. It's by The Steady Thread and was released last year. Eventually it will look like this:


There's 2 versions and some mixing and matching you can do as there is a bonus pattern if you don't want to do the spider that has a cauldron instead. The other version has gates at the top and bottom and is shown in black and white. 

I didn't get a big start this weekend, but I did manage most of the crystal ball from the middle octagon. 
Spooky SAL 2021 by The Steady Thread
stitched 1 over 2 on 28ct Cashel linen (black) with white DMC

I do enjoy blackwork once in a while, wait, whitework? Anyway, it's fun to work on something different than regular cross stitch. I did use linen for this, which isn't my favourite, but I had a piece just the right size. Does anyone else do that? Put up with a less than favourite fabric because then you don't have to cut another piece? 

I think this one will be put away for a bit and then I need to get caught up on Triumphant Ride! It's been a fun few weeks of different stitching, but I still would like to get that finished this year, so I need to catch up a bit. 

I hope you've all been staying well and having good stitching days. 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

7 comments:

  1. This is very pretty, I love the black material, we do not celebrate Halloween but do love seeing the Halloween decorations, reminds me of when I was a child.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design, black fabric is always so effective. You've made a great start, good luck with it, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one scary stitching project! Scary because it's on black fabric, and my eyes are too old for that. ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh I love this one. But I totally see little individual pieces finishing into pillows on my display shelves. Ohhh I just might have to get these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, I think you are enabling again! This is a gorgeous pattern and I think blackwork is quicker than cross stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love blackwork patterns - great start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this one so far. I'm with Katie and would have split them into individual designs, but I do like them all together, especially with the border. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...