Saturday, May 1, 2021

Stitch Maynia 2021, Start #1

This year will be the last for Stitch Maynia and the Facebook group will be closing after the end of May. Many people decided to do a full 31 new starts for this momentous occasion in the stitching world, and I'm going to try and do my best. I won't get a chance to post in the evenings since that's my usual stitching time, so instead I will work ahead and post the next day about what I started the previous evening. 

I decided to start sensibly with some smalls that I hope I can finish the same day and will be made into cards most likely. I couldn't find all the info on this one, but it's from one of the magazines and I printed out just the page from my zinio reader and couldn't find the designer info on this page. 

My first start and finish:

flower pattern unknown designer
stitched 2 over 1 and 1 over 1 with Carrie's Creation Bliss
on 22 ct white hardanger

I found this scrap of fabric and I think I can fit all 4 of the flower patterns on here. I will try and find out which magazine this came from and who the designer is as well when I can. This was a fun little design, about 300 stitches total if you could the backstitch as half. I did work with the variegated thread a little fussily to get an alternating pattern on the large flower, the butterfly similar, and alternating centers on the little flowers. 

That's all for today, hopefully I can have another finish tonight and post about it tomorrow. 

Stay well and happy stitching!

Tiffstitch


7 comments:

  1. That's a cute start to Maynia! I'm doing my Just Nan-a-thon again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, how else will you stitch them all? :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute one, I love the colours! Looking forward to your other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm catching up and just about to embark on your Maynia starts. Will be interesting to see how much these differ from the Tokyo ones.
    Congratulations on your first start and finish. The flowers are so pretty and delicate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...