Monday, May 17, 2021

Stitch Maynia 2021 Start #2017

I had an interesting experience with this new start. I hadn't slept well the previous night, and after stitching for a bit, I started to fall asleep while I was stitching. If you zoom into the photo, you can see the top right area is all mixed up. There are some stitches missing in the row, some are over 2 stitches, and there's at least one straight stitch. Not sure why I was so tired, although I'm generally stressed most work days at least somewhat. Plus the US is considering wearing masks less, although I don't think our state has chosen to make any changes yet. We did have someone come in not wearing a mask after the CDC released their recommendation though, so that was not fun to deal with. Hopefully people will still be smart about it, but I have concerns.

On to more fun things though, stitching! I started one I've had for a few years now. I picked this up at a small LNS in Sudbury, Ontario when we were visiting friends up there. Eventually, it will look like this:

I changed up the fabric a bit for something a little more colourful, and here's my start:
Snowball fight by Gitta
stitched 1 over 1 on 25ct Nimbus evenweave by Chromatic Alchemy
with DMC as charted


I have some hope to frog that upper right part and get a little more white in today, then that will likely be all for a while. I have other smaller ones I'll try and get finished up first before this slightly larger projects. I debated about making each Inuit a start, but I'd rather start a whole new project instead. 

We've enjoyed some beautiful sunny days lately and have the cover off the pool in hopes it will warm up the water. Only 64C yet, so no one has dared try to go in. I hope you've all been staying well! 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tiff: I have fallen asleep when stitching, not sure why it just happens.
    I like the new design and so cute.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and it's such a strange experience when it happens. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I can fall asleep most places, once even in the middle of talking to someone in a car, but I've never fallen asleep while stitching. I can see why the white on the mottled fabric was tricky though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so strange, although apparently there is a family history of falling asleep in the middle of things in the evenings going by my father and grandmother. But I struggle with low iron sometimes too, and never seem to get enough sleep. It could be anything really. I'm glad it's never happened to you, frogging that all out is never fun.

      Delete
  3. Cute start! Hope the sleep-induced errors aren't giving you too much trouble!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...