Monday, November 23, 2020

Naughty November Week 3 - 2009 Prairie Schooler Santa

 It's the end of yet another weekend in November, which seems to be flying by. I don't think any of us are upset about that though. It's been quite a year. 

I decided to pull out another ornament that I've had hanging around for a while. This is a Prairie Schooler, of which I have very few, and it's a little larger than the previous weeks' ornaments. It will look close to this when I'm finished: 


And I made it this far:
2009 Prairie Schooler Santa
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Haunted
with DMC threads

I'm brightening it up a bit and will hope to get this finished up this week as well. I have a couple extra days off with the American Thanksgiving holiday later this week. 

I also started a new knitting project this weekend! Berroco, a yarn company, sends out a weekly newletter that usually includes a free pattern. This week's newsletter contained patterns for 3 different stockings. A couple were a little adventurous for me, but this one seems like I could make it work:

There is actual colourwork, which I've never done before, but this is a fairly simple colour work design. Here's where I'm at so far:
Comet stocking by Berroco yarns
knit on size 10, 6mm needles in the round
with stash yarn from Lion Brand, Green Mtn Spinnery, Bernat and Yellow Dog Farm

It's just like knitting an enormous sock and the next part will be the heel. It goes quickly with bulky yarn too! I'm kind of hoping to make more to use up my stash and maybe donate them? This one will be for DD though. 

Happy stitching and stay well! Happy Thanksgiving if you're in the US!

Tiffstitch



17 comments:

  1. Nice start on your Santa and I like the fabric you're using. The stocking looks good, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Although it's a Halloween style fabric, it works well for this too. I'll have to try and get a better photo, it's a little more green in real life.

      Delete
  2. I take it the ice hockey connection is why this particular Santa is in your collection? He looks like a fairly easy stitch so good luck finishing him off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And yes, big blocks of colour generally, so nothing too taxing. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Nice start on Santa, this is a great series.
    Nice chunky knitting too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your stocking color. Great new naughty start too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great new NN start with Santa. Love your stocking, I always wished I could knit but my hands just don't get it! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm that way with crochet. Just don't get it.

      Delete
  6. Well done on your Santa new start! Tricky to get the colours to show properly - I had that with my green fabric too, of course!
    Love the stocking, great colours! Like Faith, I find my hands don’t like knitting now, or crochet! Really feel it afterwards!
    Hope you are having a great week, can’t believe how fast time is passing these days, even in lock down!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I occasionally use a piece of white paper to help the colours be more real, but didn't this time. Hope you and family are staying well!

      Delete
  7. Really love your stocking and the colours you are using! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope you had a lovely week as well!

      Delete
  8. Tiff: Your Santa is a sweet design, I am a skater and love the skates he is holding.
    Nice start on the knitted stocking, the colors are lovely.
    Have a great day

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I miss skating this year, but I won't go in an arena till things are much better with the virus.

      Delete
  9. Great start(s)! That brighter red is looking real good on Santa's cloak.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...