Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them. 

First up are the Sweet Annet stamps:

I chose 3 of these, so I still have 2 left to start at some point. The progress didn't change too much on these:
Dragonfly in Flowers Stamp by Sweet Annet
stitched 2 over 1 with kit threads on included wooden framework
The Little Prince stamp by Sweet Annet
stitched 2 over 1 with kit threads on included wooden framework

Fairytale Castle by Sweet Annet
stitched 2 over 1 with kit threads on included wooden framework

That last one never did get any more stitches into it. Too obsessed with finishing Ondulations!

With Ondulations, I started having a bit of an interest in more blackwork. I have a few patterns hanging around, but I checked over Urban Stitches patterns and fell in love with this one:

I have picked this up a few times to get a few more colours in and I'm still very happy with it. 
Journey by Urban Stitches
stitched 1 over 2 with charted DMC on 28ct Red Tide by Chromatic Alchemy

I don't know if you can see how the colours of the compass are somewhat close to the fabric? That was a choice on my part since I thought it fit the message. How sometimes things can be very difficult to see when you're working on your mental health. I think I'll stay with black for the words, or possibly a dark grey? Suggestions always welcome!

Lastly, this is the project I just started over this past weekend:


And I managed a decent amount of stitches:
Mr. Grinch by The Cross Stitch Studio
tent stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct opalescent parchment by BeStitchMe

It's not too complicated for a full coverage project, with only about 20 some colours and no background. This was a limited edition, so I don't think it's still available if anyone was interested. 

And here we are! Another Mischievous March in the books and I'm glad I managed to keep up with Rachel this year. I hope you're all having a good week!

Happy Stitching, 

Tiffstitch

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I have never seen the stamp designs before I love them, Grinch is so cute, nice progress on the design.
    Journey looks like an interesting stitch.

    Catherine🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...