I'm sure we all know Durene Jones' patterns. She has a flair for creating colourful designs and I have so many of her patterns. She also often has 50% sales at her Etsy shop and I've purchased patterns from there frequently. I'm glad to be starting another one, even though this is a big one!
You don't stitch the beige colour, and I think I found a pretty good match for the pattern image. I also like that this doesn't have as much backstitching. I didn't get a lot of stitching into it, but that will come. Everyone else has a handmade stocking from me, so it's time to make one for myself as well. There's so many choices out there, but I'm happy with this one. And there's not a ton of colour changes, so that will help when I get back to it. Here's my start:
Santa Stocking by Durene Jones
stitched 2 over 2 on 27ct "370" by BeStitchMe
with DMC as charted
I think you can tell by this photo that I've started in the toe, but just in case, this is the very bottom part of the toe on the left side of the pattern. I was debating about how to start, but in the interest of less counting to find the right spot, I figured I'd start at the bottom left and work my way up.
This pattern is somewhat okay in Pattern keeper. You have to do a little finagling, and add the thread colours into PK, but there's not too many, so it works out well. I really love being able to use PK again after using some paper charts.
I hope you've all had some good stitching days!
Happy Stitching,
Tiffstitch
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for any comments!