Thursday, October 8, 2026

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #89 - Winter Wishes Santa by Jim Shore and Mill Hill

This week has gotten away from me a bit, but I do have some stitching to share. First off is another one of the kits I picked up from a LNS closing. 

I have a few of these Santas, and the other projects I'd picked out last year for the 100 starts weren't calling to me, so I thought I'd give this one a go. It's been a while since I've worked on a Mill Hill, and I still enjoy them. Here's one whole thread length:
Winter Wishes Santa by Jim Shore/Mill
stitched 3 over 1 on 14ct perforated paper
with kit threads

Not a ton of progress, but that's kind of how this week has been. I have a few other starts to post, and still considering that #100. I think like Leonore said, something special would be a good idea, and the Chatelaine definitely would fit that bill. This is the photo of it, if you haven't seen it before. 

It's somewhat intimidating. I was ready to start it initially, but had to wait quite a while for my thread pack. The threads are often backordered, etc. I think I even waited on the beads for now because European cross stitch mentioned they can take a while. I still like the look, although I'm still debating if there's someway to change the brick colour to yellow. My Grandma had a yellow brick house, and this is something I wanted to stitch in her memory. I still have some time to debate it. 

Hope you've all had good stitching days!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments!

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #89 - Winter Wishes Santa by Jim Shore and Mill Hill

This week has gotten away from me a bit, but I do have some stitching to share. First off is another one of the kits I picked up from a LNS ...