Tuesday, January 5, 2021

WIP Wranglers Wrap-Up (Photo Heavy)

 And here we are to wrap up the last challenge of 2020, WIP Wranglers. This was a fun one, and I enjoyed getting some stitches into so many projects, even if I didn't get any finished. I did get a lot of them much closer to a finish, so that's something. 

We were at Loved You Yesterday at the end of the last post, so here was 1000 stitches added:

Loved You Yesterday by Cherry Hill Stitchery
stitched with stash threads
on 18ct damask aida by Silkweaver


There's an elephant on the other side of the quote, and some words at the bottom, but again, this should only take a few days to finish. 

Spooky Halloween was up next. A lot of the house from part 5 added for the 400 stitches needed:
Spooky Halloween by Durene Jones through Lakeside Needlecraft
stitched 2 over 2 with DMC 310, Jodyri Purple Planets and GITD Kreinik
on 28ct Icarus by Chromatic Alchemy

This one will show up again later!

Another project I've already stitched on showed up again, Butterfly Quote, for another 600!
Butterfly Quote by Jodyri 
stitched 2 over 1 with mostly Jodyri threads, Sunshine State currently
on 14 ct fabric 

This won't be a quick finish, probably a couple weeks, so this won't be on the quick-finish list for next year. It's a fun one though, and I'm looking forward to completing it. 

Finally rolled another new one, this is Blackwork Poppy that had 200 added to it:
Blackwork Poppy by Jodyri
stitched with DMC 310 over 1 on 1
on 18ct Galaxy by Jodyri

I feel like a couple days of good stitching could finish this one off as well. It's charted in red for the poppy, but I thought the fabric had enough reds that I'd stitch it all in black. The center is supposed to have green, so maybe a dark green would work, like DMC 890? Or WDW Okefenokee?

And here's Spooky Halloween for another 300:

Part 5 is almost complete now. The funny part about this one I stitched this while we introduced DD to The Princess Bride. Here's one of my favourite photos of her experience:
Note the blanket's proximity to her eyes so she can hide under it :)

Another WIP I hadn't stitched on yet was rolled next, Do Not Meddle for 200:
Do Not Meddle by Dragon Fire Designs
stitched as charted 1 over 1
on 28ct Monaco

This one shows up in a bit again as well. :)

My very first WIP that was rolled got rolled again, and Frosty Friends 1 came out for another 500 stitches!
Frosty Friends 1 by Dimensions
stitched as charted over 1
on 16ct kit fabric

That wasn't quite enough stitching to finish this one, but it's really close now. Probably 2 days knowing how much backstitch there is, not just 1 to get this one finished. 

One of the larger WIPs I'd chosen was rolled next, Magical Arrival for 400
Magical Arrival by HAED
stitched 1 over 1 full cross as charted
on 25ct magic guide evenweave

This is a longer term project, definitely not a finish any time soon, especially if I'm going to spend a lot of time on Animal Kingdom. 

Another fun one was rolled next, Evening in the Shire for 600!
Evening in the Shire by Cute Patterns by Maria
stitched as charted with full cross and half cross and backstitch
on 28ct Moonrise by Jodyri


So much backstitch! And this one shows up again in a bit. ;)

At this point I think there were 3 projects that still hadn't been rolled, fortunately I did roll another new one next, Full Moon for 400:
Full Moon by Cute Patterns by Maria
stitched as charted over 2 
on 28ct Lazurite by Chromatic Alchemy

I think this one might still need a week. A lot of these projects have blends, backstitch, etc. and they're a little longer than they seem. Fortunately they do work in PK, so I know I have about 1700 cross stitches left, plus backstitch after that. 

Another untouched one came next, and this has been untouched for a while, Snow Guide for 200:
Snow Guide by Lizzie Kate
stitched 2 over 1 with stash threads
on 14ct aida

This one will show up again soon!

And I think the last untouched one was rolled next, Frosty Friends 2 for 200:
Frosty Friends 2 by Dimensions
stitched 2 over 1 as charted 
on 16ct kit aida

Still a long way to go on this one, and I think Katie warned me these aren't as quick as they look. :)

I had touched all 20 WIPs by now, so I'm not sure if you could stop here, but I thought I'd see if I could roll them all a second time before the end of the year. If you looked at the top list, you'll note I didn't quite manage it. 

Animal Parade was rolled next for 600 stitches:
Animal Parade by Lanarte
stitched 1 or 2 over 1 with kit threads on kit fabric

There's a long, long way to go on this one. A giraffe is to the right of the elephant and I think there's a lion and an ostrich to the left of the rhino, plus most of the rhino to stitch, so this won't be done any time soon. It was nice to get it out to work on a bit though. 

Do Not Meddle was rolled again next for 100 stitches:

If anyone remembers, I am stunt stitching this for someone else. I would really love to get this one finished this year and get it mailed out. I definitely made some good progress last year and getting the first dragon complete, and the words are definitely reachable for this year, and a stretch goal would be to finish the whole project. 

Only 2 left!!

Snow Guide was rolled again for 100:

I may or may not put the bottom motifs in. I had chosen this fabric way back before I had such a large stash, and it's a little tight on the margins if I include those. I'll likely finish off the top and see what I'm willing to try before attempting the bottom. This is another one that should only take a few days to finish. 

And last, but not least, Evening in the Shire was rolled again for 300 stitches!



It's not exactly a mirror, but the right side is similar to the left, with another bit of the house and a lot of backstitch. I think this will be more than a week to finish as well. 

And that's it! Lots of WIPs worked on and lots that are really close to finishing. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can finish in 2021 and hope to work on at least one a week. 

I hope you're all staying safe and have a successful 2021!

Tiffstitch
















13 comments:

  1. Your WIP Wrangle was very successful and you should be happy dancing real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzer: that is a lot of stitching, it is so much fun seeing what everyone is working on and their progress.
    I love your daughters photo, so sweet.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you enjoyed the WIP Wrangler challenge. It seems to have been one of the more successful for achieving progress, especially as you chose the hard level! Now looking forward to seeing how you are going to work on your WIPs (and maybe turn some of them into finishes?) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to some finishes as well.

      Delete
  4. Plenty of super projects for you yo work on, it will be fun to see them grow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work on everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that was a ton of progress this event got you! You should be able to finish some of those this year for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous work for this fun challenge! I think The Shire is my favourite, along with Do Not Meddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope to get those 2 finished this year as well.

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...