Sunday, December 26, 2021

Finishing Frenzy?

I hope everyone that celebrates Christmas had a nice, relaxing day. We had lots of fun at our house. 

I've been somewhat distracted by finishing off some smaller projects these last few weeks, and it's been nice to whittle down the WIP list a bit. I started on finishing off the Hands on Design ornaments that are in French because we were supposed to see some of DH's family. It ended up being canceled because of the increased COVID-19 cases, but I continued on to finish all of them. Here they are:



Hands on Design Joyeux Noel
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct grey/blue fabric, unknown designer
with DMC 310, WDW Okeefenokee on the top one and Etoile C321

These were fun little stitches and I recharted the top 2 red ornaments to have words in French as well. They're originally charted in English and I'm not really sure why when the large words are charted in French, including all the accents. I couldn't think of a good word for the bottom ornament, so just decorated it. 

Next I decided to try and keep finishing off the ones that are cluttering up my stitching stand, so that was one version of Bibliophile:
Bibliophile Blackwork Bookmark by Kincavel Krosses
stitched 1 over 1 on 28ct white Monaco
with Jodyri HunniBee


And I've started working on a couple other of the smaller ornaments I started for the various new start frenzies I had this year. I might pick up the Vermont one and try and get a few more thread lengths in before the end of the month as well. I didn't meet all the goals I had originally set at the start of this year, but a lot of them morphed into new ones, and that's okay too. 

Hope you're all having an enjoyable Boxing Day!

Happy stitching and stay well!

Tiffstitch

8 comments:

  1. Lovely French ornaments and bibliophile bookmark, happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your finishes; that's four more WIPs done and how many more to go?!!
    Considering you've had a couple of big HAED starts this year, along with quite a few new start binges, I think when you look back on your stitching year you'll find you've done exceedingly well. Wonder what new SALs will be out there in 2022 for you to be drawn towards? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ornaments are so lovely, love the shade of red and the patterns. Happy to read French on your blog (with all those accents ;)). Great bookmark too! Joyeuses fêtes de fin d'année ! Bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on everything. Have a great 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ornaments are very pretty. I hope you manage to meet up with your hubbies relatives some other time. Look forward to seeing what you stitch in 2022!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I envy you for getting your finishing done, I am so far behind.
    they are all nice designs.

    Haappy New Year
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a merry Christmas, despite the canceled visits - love all your finished ornaments, the french ones are very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...