Tuesday, December 7, 2021

December Update 2021

You might think today will be a post about finishing up the last November start. And that's not exactly correct. I will post an update, but I've been a little distracted by the latest new shiny thing. And that is this zentangle design by crossstitch4everyone

It will eventually look like this:

The reason I wanted to start this one was I managed to find this gorgeous fabric from BeStitchMe, called Autumn. And with a nice DMC 904, This is where I'm at so far on this project:
Vermont Zentangle by crossstitch4everyone
stitched 1 over 1 full cross on 28ct Autumn by BeStitchMe

There's a challenge to stitch 30 minutes on this every day during December, so I've been doing a thread length a day. It's led to some decent progress and fortunately the chart shows up on Pattern Keeper, so that makes it easier as well. 

And here's where I'm at on ornament #4!
Moonrise #4 by Whispered by the Wind
stitched 2 over 1 on 14ct Illusion by Silkweavers
with DMC 310, 3799, 168, 735, 3865 and some RG blending filament on the moon

I need to get this one finished, but keep going back to the other project as well. I do need more DMC 904 since I only had one skein and I'll run out soon. 

Stay well and happy stitching!

Tiffstitch


5 comments:

  1. Hi Tiff: Very interesting Zentangle design, I really like the fabric color and the thread color is perfect.
    I think doing a thread a night would make good progress.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, shinies! I can see how this would be distracting. Looking great, the fabric really is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that zentangle looks awesome! I see why it is distracting you.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family Tiff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of zentangles or adult colouring, but by just changing the outline colour from black to green you've already made it much more appealing! Considering the background fabric, I take it you're not colouring it in? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful new piece. Yes I clicked the link. Jerk hahaha. Great work on your ornament.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...