Sunday, May 29, 2022

May Round-up 2022

A busy six weeks is behind me now and I didn't manage a ton of stitching, but I did manage a couple finishes and some progress on the larger projects. I also stopped by yet another LNS that's retiring. This is the last one that I was aware of in Vermont, USA. I've seen all of them close over the last 8 years, which has been sad to see. 

I'm attempting to stitch in a more focused way to get some more finishes before the end of the year, but also trying to continue working on the projects I'd like to finish this year. 

First, the finishes:
MH18-2121 Enchanted Moon 
stitched as charted, 3 over 1 thread and half cross and full cross for beads as charted

I picked up a few more of these small Mill Hill kits at the LNS that's closing, and I might have a chance to get there this weekend for penultimate open weekend to get some more. 

Next up I managed to finish The Raven:
The Raven by La-D-Da
stitched 1 over 1 full cross on 25ct congress cloth by Silkweavers with DMC 310

The original pattern called for different colours of grey, but I like having it just in black, like a raven. If I ever get our bookshelves organized I think this would look good in that room. Speaking of the Raven, guess who I spotted on a trip to Boston:


We just happened to be in the right area to go to a Hannah Gadsby stand up show and it was pretty amazing to see his statue.

If you recall, these 2 finishes are from Mischievous March. The other 2 are larger and I've progressed on one, but not on the other. 

Here's where my first Mischievous March start was:
and now:
Peacock Infinity Feather by CrossStitch4Everyone
stitched 1 over 1 full cross on 28ct Amethyst Spirit by Chromatic Alchemy

There aren't too many colours in this one and it's only partial coverage so I've already hit a few 0s on Pattern Keeper. That's always satisfying to know you haven't missed a stitch somewhere. 

I'm keeping up on Triumphant Ride, although not quite as far as I had initially planned. That is fine, it's been a busy, stressful time. I think the last time I posted it about it, it was here:
and now I've moved the fabric up a bit:
Triumphant Ride by Charting Creations
stitched 1 over 1 full cross on 28ct Vincent by Chromatic Alchemy
with DMC 310

I think is about 8000 stitches into it. Not quite where I planned, but a significant amount. I'll keep plugging away. 

I hope you've all been well! I'll try and keep up at least monthly posts and hope to try and get to see some of your posts now too and catch up a bit. 

Stay well and Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch






4 comments:

  1. Girl, you've been busy! Those stitches on Triumphant ride alone are more than I can do in the time frame. I love Enchanted Moon as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post really does show how much you have achieved! The crow is great and would be perfect for a library. Love the way your castle is growing and the black is a nice contrast to the multicolours of the Peacock Feather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tiffstitch: Nice moon so pretty.
    You have been very busy stitching, nice progress.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing two of your MM starts; they both look fantastic! Great progress on the others too, especially considering how big they are. Hope all is well over there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...