Tuesday, July 28, 2026

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #64 - Have Courage by Cottage Garden Samplings

Another familiar pattern for most of you probably, back to Cottage Garden Samplings bird patterns! This is one of the more striking birds that will show up at the feeders in my parents backyard, the rose-breasted grosbeak. My grandma also used to grow beautiful gladiolas, so it's fun to have these two things together in this chart. 

I did manage to get two threadlengths into this one as well, and I feel like that's a decent start for these. There's so much stitching, but not too many colour changes, so you can get decent progress 
Have Courage by Cottage Garden Samplings
stitched 2 over 2 on 32ct Weeping Wisteria limited edition, unknown dyer
with WDW as charted

I had a fat quarter of this fabric, but half of it had dye spots, so I'm thinking I can use that part on a different chart that has more coverage. I think I picked this up in a destash, so I don't remember where it came from. This piece didn't seem to have any of the dye spots, but does have a nice area of green coming in on the right, so it should fit this chart well. 

The next start will be a different designer, but I might have another Cottage Garden one after that. I think I have enough threads that they're all separated out, but possibly not, so I might need to borrow from one project to another. 

They're very fun to work on, and I can see why they became so popular. Now that I've stitched a couple, I understand. I wasn't sure on the art style initially. I have a few of the next series, the woodland animals, so not sure if they'll come out this year or not. We'll see how we go. 

I hope you've all had some good stitching days!

Happy Stitching, 

Tiffstitch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments!

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #64 - Have Courage by Cottage Garden Samplings

Another familiar pattern for most of you probably, back to Cottage Garden Samplings bird patterns! This is one of the more striking birds th...