Thursday, September 10, 2026

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #77 - Fleur de Lis by JBW Designs

Time for another Fleur de Lys! The last time I worked on one was back in 2023 and finished an all backstitch design. 
Fleur de Lys by Brodeuse Bressane
stitched 1 over 2 on 28ct blue Zweigart linen
with Caron Wildflowers

And this time I started another JBW Design:

Which is a small design, except I decided to make it more difficult for myself and use a small piece of scrap fabric, which meant I had to stitch it 1 over 2 on 40ct linen. So it's not a finish, but it's a decent start:
Fleur de Lis by JBW Designs
stitched 1 over 2 on 40ct linen by BeStitchMe
with DMC 5200

I do love the colour of the fabric, but it's not easy for me to stitch on linen. But it's a decent start and fits on the fabric scrap, so it will work and be a finish at some point. 

There may be another Fleur de Lys coming up later this year, if I can find the right fabric and thread to make it work. Again, DH is French Canadian, so a good Fleur-de-Lis is always appreciated in our house!

Hope you've all had good stitching days and a relaxing Labour Day weekend/or weekend!

Happy Stitching, 

Tiffstitch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments!

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #77 - Fleur de Lis by JBW Designs

Time for another Fleur de Lys! The last time I worked on one was back in 2023 and finished an all backstitch design.  Fleur de Lys by Brodeu...