Thursday, December 22, 2016

Objective Complete!

As the time wound down, I wasn't sure if I could Autumn/Christmas Elegance fully finished into a pillow and At Our House as a cube finish. But I did! 

I managed to complete At Our House on Sunday and then spent Monday and Tuesday finishing it into this:

I used a large piece of styrofoam and stainless steel pins and pinned the stitching over some felt padding, then some dark brown fabric to the back. I also used a brown ribbon to hide the join. I tried to make a peaked roof like Jo had suggested, but I didn't have any stiff card and couldn't quite figure out how to make it work. I think they'll be happy with it anyway. I even remembered to sign it! 

Last night I really wasn't sure if I'd have time to finish Autumn/Christmas Elegance because I had to make sure everything else was wrapped and organized. Plus our computer system died at work and DH dropped everything to come and fix it, fortunately my parents were here and could babysit! He was at work until 10pm, and I had to drive back and get him then. But I used this tutorial when we came home and managed to complete the pillow in about 30 minutes. 

For whatever reason, I found that tutorial made everything click into place for me. I often find I lose focus with all the steps included in some tutorials, but this one was perfect for me. 


I did a fairly decent job on the seams of the envelope closing. One is a little better than the other, and that is the inside one. :)

Thank you so much for all your encouragement and suggestions, it really helps!

And Happy Holidays and Happy Stitching everyone!

Tiffstitch


16 comments:

  1. Congrats on the lovely finishes Tiffany. You did a fantastic job at finishing them off.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pillow was much easier than I expected.

      Delete
  2. Both of your finishes are beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing the link to finish the pillow - I have the same problem following instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful designs with beautiful finish's.
    Thank-you for sharing with us.
    Merry Christmas

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!! Well done on getting both pieces finished off. Have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching and beautiful cushion finish!! Have a grand weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had half your talent! Those turned out so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful finishes, well done Tiffany!

    Have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic finishes - and you were doing great doing the finishing work immediately. For me it's the longer I wait with the finishing touches the more my mojo vanishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wohoo so glad you met your goals. They both look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tiffany, two fabulous finishes. You must be so very pleased with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on achieving your goals! I'm sure your co-worker loved your gift, and I can't believe you finished that cushion in 30 minutes! Hope you had a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on achieving your goals. Great finishes for the end of the year - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job! I know a thing or two about last minute finishing stuff for Christmas, and I'm glad it worked out for you as well. Both of these look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it's a common theme for me to. You'd think someday I'd learn to do this better. :)

      Delete
  14. Extremely impressive work on the cushion!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...