Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Top 5 Tuesdays: Top 5 Projects to Work on in July

Since Kate is basically just back from vacation, I'm going to do my own Top 5 Tuesday list today. I'm really interested in trying to progress some WIPs next month since aside from my small calendar pieces I think I only have 3 finishes this year... 3!! That's such a puny amount. Plus I haven't even told you about the 3rd one, and that is:

Reflections of Canada!! Finished over this past weekend
Started January 19, 2016 and finished June 25, 2017
Stitched with Jodyri Ruby Slippers 2 over 1 on 25 ct ivory Lugana

I'm so excited with this finish! I can't wait to try and find some coordinating fabric and make this into a pillow. I had wanted my stitching to be done by July 1st, Canada Day, and it is!

Therefore I can go into July with a clear conscience and try and decide what might be possible to finish next month. Just One July is the theme if you've joined the Theme-tas-stitch SAL, which is open to everyone. :) 

TOP 5 10 PROJECTS TO WORK ON IN JULY

1. Boo House
Not much to go on this one, it should be an easy finish, maybe a week or so?

2. AAN Spider Banner

Also, I feel like another week or so might finish this now that I have more of the thread I need. Please, please let the dye lot match!!

3. Frosty Friends x 2

DD will be heading the pre-school this year, so it might be nice to get a couple of these stitched up for her teachers. I think there's 2?

4. Joy Snowglobe
DD has expressed interest in this one, so another one it would be nice to get finished. Plastic canvas isn't my favourite to stitch on, but fairly easy to fully finish, so there's that. 

5. Letters from Nora - L
I need to get 'K' framed and this one finished and framed as well so I can finally give them to my friend. 

6. Letters from Nora - H and G
Getting these finished for DD's bday (November) would be pretty amazing!

7. Helene et Mahlia Xmas SAL
I just need to finish this one. It's been sitting in my drawer for over a year now, waiting, waiting..

8. Twilight LeMans
DH would love this, and it would make a nice bday gift. His is at the end of the year as well

9. Tree of Stitches
I need to get this one finished. I had thought it might be nice for my Grandma, and now that she's in a nursing home, maybe a nice pillow? 

10. Ocean Curiosity
This could be an easy finish since it's all monochrome too. 

You could say I'm spoiled for choice with WIPs. And this is provided I don't start something new. You might also have noticed there are no dragons in this list, because August will be the dragon SAL and I plan to work on a few more there. Possibly finish Tribal Dragon if I'm lucky? 

Clearly I have too many WIPs, and too much stash, but let's not dwell on that. :) Let's see what July brings and I think if I can finish at least 3 projects I will reward myself with a new start. 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

21 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a ton of goals, but if anyone can do it, you can! And I'm sooo glad you got Reflections of Canada done! Now I have the Oh Canada song from Disney World in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the beautiful finish Tiffany. Love all the projects that you want to work on.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reflections of Canada is finished, wow. Great job, Tiffany. And I'm sure that you can finish two or three of the projects you chose for July. Good luck with them next month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish! Great job! Your WIPs look interesting. Does tree of stitches have different types of stitches ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got some lovely projects to work on there. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can finish three in order to reward yourself with a new start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay..congratulations on your Reflections of Canada finish,it is gorgeous.
    Love your other pieces too,especially Boo House and Your AAN project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the finish Tiff, it looks amazing. You've so many lovely projects for July. Loving the tree. Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! Congrats on finishing Reflections of Canada!! It will look great as a cushion and in time for your celebratory day too :)
    I too have way to many WIPs to work on, but who cares? As long as you're enjoying your stitching, I'm sure they'll get finished one day!
    Have fun with the July projects, there are plenty to choose from and they all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some gorgeous projects to choose from! It would be nice to finish the Spider Banner in July as I think you stitched on this one in another of the monogamous months last year? That's my vote anyway assuming you were offering votes of course!

    Reflections of Canada looks beautiful, well done for meeting your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow so beautiful!!! Great work 😍💓

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the Happy Dance for Canada, just in time for the big day too!
    Your goals sound very achievable, there's only a week or so's stitching on each piece so the ten weeks in July should see plenty of finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fact that you have so many different pieces to work on Tiff. I have probably about five going and that's plenty for me for sure. It is fun though to be able to switch to something different. Love your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Reflections of Canada, it looks great! Congrats on your finish.

    Good luck reaching all your goals for July! I look forward to seeing more of Spider Banner and Helene.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have some great WIPs, and if you set your mind to it, you should be able to cross a few off that list in July! Canada looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great topic :) Some lovely stitches there and looks like you will be a very busy stitchy bee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah on finishing Reflections of Canada, it looks wonderful!
    You've got plenty to keep you busy! I have Tree of Stitches, but haven't started it yet, one of these days... A pillow sounds nice for it.
    Dragons in August? Sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh! Great finish on your Reflections. Congratulations. You have some great choices for your July stitching. I'll look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...