Tuesday, July 11, 2017

July Update and a Quandary

Hello everyone! Wow... it's been 2 weeks since I posted, I can't believe it! It was a fairly busy holiday weekend last week, and things haven't really slowed down, plus I've been stitching so much and getting so much progress I haven't wanted to spend any time on the computer. 

What have I been stitching you ask? After all the projects I mentioned in a previous post I decided that the AAN Spider Banner was calling the loudest and have done very well. Here's where it used to be:


And now a spider appears:
And a little more:

I'm a little farther than this, but I forgot to take a photo last night, so I will try and remedy that tomorrow. I still love, love, love working on this one! The spider is stitched with WDW Chesapeake Bay and Cactus (lighter green). It's on unknown 32 count opalescent fabric that I received as a gift, stitched 2 over 2. 

Onto my quandary. I just found out my uncle is turning 80 at the end of this month. I can't quite wrap my head around that one, but it's true! So, do I ditch my Just One July and start stitching something for him? And what? He likes to fish, so I was debating about picking up this chart, it's fairly small and I should be able to finish it quickly:

Or something more like a card? Any octogenarians out there that can chime in? ;)

He also likes the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Blue Jays a lot, but I don't think there's any good charts out there for either team. 

Opinions are very welcome! 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

20 comments:

  1. Maybe you could switch your just one July to just one August and stitch something for your uncle. I like the chart your showing or go on Etsy and see if you find something.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good idea on Etsy, thank you! I have other plans for August, but I'm relatively satisfied with what I've accomplished on the spider too.

      Delete
  2. Love the spider! (I can't believe I'm typing this as I am petrified of them) It really is coming along nicely.
    My new motto: stitch what you want, when you want, as long as you're happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress! I didn't realize there really was a spider in this, but I should have guessed. For your uncle, I like the chart you posted, or isn't there a 'let's go fish' or something like that by Imaginating? Those stitch up quickly as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Great idea on the charts, I'll check that out as well.

      Delete
  4. You had a productive time and made lot of stitching progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the fish design you've chosen and if you want to make something for your uncle I say abandon Just One July and go for it! You made good progress on the gorgeous spider anyway (I like spiders).

    Leonore's idea is also a great one, those Imaginatings designs do stitch up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you got that much done on Spider Banner! Makes me want to start Bat Banner! And when in doubt for a project...Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The spider banner is looking amazing! Fantastic progress.
    For your Uncle, I would say, will he appreciate what you make? If you are not sure then choose a card or something smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the design you want to stitch for your Uncle, so sweet.
    Love the spider stitch, I am not afraid of spiders so this one is a beauty to me.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. The spider banner looks great. The spider is pretty but it's a big 'un! The fishing pattern would be perfect. How about taking a few motifs, not all, and making it a smaller design? Or maybe a cross stitch card with a row of the fishing lures on it? I'm almost a couple decades off from being an octogenarian though! I would say the ditch the Just One July for your uncle, they come around once in a lifetime:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a big girl. :) Thank you for your ideas on the fishing pattern, that might work too! I definitely think I'm ditching the rest of Just One July to work on his project.

      Delete
  10. Hi Tiffany, I would definitely stitch the fish design for him - I am sure that he would love it! The spider banner is lovely although it looks like a very big spider to me - eek!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Spider Banner is really coming along and looking fabulous!

    I would say that since he is turning 80, I would take some time and stitch him up a little something for his birthday. 80 is a pretty big accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely fish design you chose. Great progress on the spider design

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great progress on the spider project.
    This fish design seems to be great for someone who likes to fish. I'm sure your uncle would love it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The spider looks so cool! The fish design is great as well. I'll keep reading to see what you decided.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the design you want to stitch for your Uncle, so sweet.
    Love the spider stitch, I am not afraid of spiders so this one is a beauty to me.

    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The spider is fun to stitch as well. :)

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...