Saturday, July 22, 2017

Theme-tas-Stitch July Edition

Two posts in one day, what? Turns out I should have time to get a second post up before I need to get DD up from her "nap". She will stay in her room and is usually pretty good, but she doesn't nap often any more. She's currently trying to balance a stuffed animal on her feet... so early night tonight!

Thank you Kerry for hosting Theme-tas-Stitch and I hope you had a lot of participants. I had grand plans of finishing and turns out I had to turn Just One July into Just Two July since my plans went a little awry once I realized my uncle is turning 80 at the end of this month. 

I started out with AAN's Spider Banner, and I still really want to finish this one this year, I think it's possible. Here's where it was:
 Pretty close to actual fabric colour, 32 ct gifted unknown opalescent blue/purple mottled fabric
where I ran out of WDW Cyclamen for the web
 
new thread matches fairly well, and finished the Cherry Vanilla for the over web. The spider is WDW Chesapeake Bay and the lines on the right and left are WDW Gunmetal.
ending here for now


After some internal debate and help from all of you, thank you again, I started something new for my uncle. It will look like this when complete:


and I've made it here so far:

This is 4 out of 14 total colours and I'm almost done the 4th colour. I'm stitching 2 over 2 on 28 count Tempest Lugana from Chromatic Alchemy. I hope to complete it all by the end of the month and finish it with a wooden hoop. I've never finished anything that way before, but hopefully it won't be too difficult. :)

Next month will be Animalia August. A few of us will work on dragon projects, and I just have a couple to choose from...

Tribal Dragon
Princess and the Dragon
Mini Winter Magic
Mini Autumn's Promise

Dragon Under Glass
Or a new start? ;)


Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch


17 comments:

  1. Your uncle's piece looks ideal and will look lovely finished in a hoop, and your spider's coming along nicely too.
    Good luck working out what to stitch on next month. I'd like to see more of Tribal Dragon but I guess it depends on whether you want to stitch on something easy or more demanding of your concentration. You've already got some lovely pieces to choose from but I understand how a new start is tempting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might try and stick with my rotation, so do the challenging/BAP ones the first week, then choose something different each week.

      Delete
  2. I also love this piece that you now chose to stitch for your uncle. It might be even better than the one that you originally had in mind.
    Oh my, such a lot of dragons to choose from for next month, Tiffany.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress, love the green on the spider. Lots of lovely dragon projects. Love the colours in tribal dragon. I've found a small Durene Jones one I'll be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on the spider Tiffany. I really love the piece you started for your uncle. Can you tell me who the designer is. I think you should start a new dragon piece. We can never have to many WIP's.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both pieces look fantastic. Love the project for your uncle. The hoop finishes are pretty easy & there are lots of tutorials online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this spider design and the design you have chosen to stitch for your uncle will look perfect in a hoop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures of the spider, gorgeous choice of colours.
    You have more dragon WIPs that I do! I only have the two to focus on next month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The green on the spider banner really does look superb.
    Nice design for your uncles gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful projects. Good luck with your August plans. I know you'll do fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great progress on the spider for your TtS just one July, nice colors. Please, I hope you'll post on how you will do with hoop finish with comments and photos cause I'm planning to finish one of my stitching with a hoop too, advices will be useful. Can wait for August TtS, all those dragons to take care of. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will try, although I will admit I tend to be rather casual in my finishing. :)

      Delete
  11. Just two is close enough in my book! Well done, and you will get that spider done. Of course she would be another candidate for the Animal August, but then Dragons are so much more exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! She's definitely calling to be finished, but I do want to get some work done on all my dragons as well.

      Delete
  12. Oh hard decision! I like them all. I've been very fond of Princess and the Dragon and I really like Autumn's Promise. ::sigh:: I don't know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it will be difficult to choose. I think I'll likely work on one for a while, then another one, etc. and not just one all month.

      Delete
  13. I'm not too worried about traffic, I just like blogging about stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...