Thursday, August 30, 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness - August Edition

Here we are again, over a month since posting. Summer has been busy and we've had no relief from the heat until this morning. Tuesday and Wednesday even our A/C at work was broken! Fortunately it was fixed by Wednesday end of day, so today will be okay, but today is only 20C/70F, so we barely need it. ;) That's how these things go I think. 

I hope you've all been well and thank you so much for your lovely comments on the socks I've made. They've all been received well and I'm still working on a few pairs. I even pulled out a little stitching a couple cooler nights and am so close to finishing that spider! 

Since I'm late to the GG post this month, you've probably already seen everyone's post, but just in case, make sure to check out Jo's wonderful (frequently updated) blog

I'm still doing a lot more knitting because of the weather, and here's what I've been working on since my last post:

Santa Hat for DD 
 This one is kind of fun. The yarn is all one piece and has these different colours and textures to it. The yarn includes the "topper" and you tie it on after you're done the hat. DD loves it!

AAN Spider Banner
 So close on this one! I could have danced when the borders matched up too. :) I chose this lovely Soie Cristale purple for the bottom and like it so far. Let me know what you think!

Socks for DH
 These have been languishing a bit. If only he didn't have size 12 feet!!

Possibly blanket square - Kirby for DD


I've recently found out about something called the Geek-a-long. It's by Llamas and Lattes and has been going on for a few years. I can't believe I missed it, or it didn't register until now. These amazing ladies have designed a ton of fun knit/crochet squares you can turn into a blanket. It's using a technique called double knitting that I'm demonstrating in the 2 photos above. You get a reverse colour on the back side than from the front. It's not a fast technique for me yet, but might be eventually. 

More socks! for a co-worker?


I really like these socks, it's a not-too complicated pattern and I was going along really well until the bottom photo when I didn't finish the repetition before starting again. I'm not going to pull it out, but I'll have to watch how I finish this sock. Now I'm not sure about giving it as a gift since it's not as perfect as I can make it, but the mistake doesn't seem too noticeable to non-knitters, so maybe? Her birthday isn't till October, so I can maybe make another pair in time. 

Your thoughts, as always, are appreciated!

I hope you've all had a good month! 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

10 comments:

  1. You have made some lovely knitting projects Tiffany. The spider looks great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I sort of miss cross stitch now, so I'm looking forward to getting back to it once the weather cools off for good.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I post frequently because of all the SALs I do. I have noticed I post less at the beginning of the month because there is only the Zodiac SAL.

    Love all the socks, I would never be able to tell if there was an error unless there was a hole because of it!

    Also, love the Spider Banner. Gorgeous stitching and a great colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful knitting. I love the socks. They look so warm and cozy. I can't wait till our weather is cool enough to need them. The spider is looking fantastic. You will be happy dancing soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on the spider! Love the socks and the Christmas hat for your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely things to see this month. The double knitting is amazing, how interesting. Great socks and I love the santa hat - that made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Santa hat is very cute:) Great progress on stitching! You must have been an expert in sock knitting by now. The reversible knitting is looking great! I have once made a purse for my mom using a reversible crochet square pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious Santa hat! Love the socks, but what mistake?! Looks good to me.
    Matching borders is always a plus, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that knitting! So much lovely progress. And I can't believe I hadn't heard of the Geekalong yet, either. So many great patterns, I want to knit them all but seriously doubt I could catch up on five years of knitting fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That topper yarn is so great; I picked up a kitty one (of course :D) to be stingy with and make something for myself. I like the GAL and that they support Child's Play! The stitchers on Sprite Stitch have made a few quilts for that charity as well. I'm waaaay too slow to join in but I love seeing the work accomplished.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...