Friday, January 10, 2020

Fully Finished Gallery - January 2020


And now it's time to show off what we might have managed to fully finish from our drawers of shame! Or if you're a one-at-a-time stitcher and finish everything as you finish stitching, please share your wisdom. :D I'm not saying I'll start doing it, but I'd like to know how you manage it. This is a great idea to get us fully finishing things and is hosted by the incomparable Rachel at Ten Hour Stitcher. Please check her post for everyone else's finishes as well.

Since I didn't blog a lot in the last half of the year, I do have a few things to show. Some were in my finishes post, and the rest are here:


 
Plaid Tidings by Little Stitch Girl stitched as charted DMC except the trees, stash Dinky Dyes oops thread, 2 over 2 on 28ct Tempest by Chromatic Alchemy

This was my first ever flat-fold! I used Vonna/Twisted Stitcher's tutorial and it went very well. I had to use DH's paper cutter for the mat board and that was much better than the circular tool I was using. I think I will be able to accomplish this more now that I have one completed and I really like the look of it. 

 
 Ye Old Santa by Mill Hill, finished with a cord from leftover kit threads and felt glued on the back. 

Caffeine and Chaos by Circus Stitches stitched with WDW threads 2 over 2 on 28ct Bacchus by Chromatic Alchemy

I'm fairly certain I forgot to post this finish on my 2019 finish post. Whoops! It was so quick and fun to stitch as well. I gifted it to a friend that lives up to this phrase. The box was an older one from BendyStitchy destash on Instagram. FYI, it's a dangerous place. 

And that's it for fully finished objects since my last FFO post. I hope you've all done very well! (said as Young Mr. Grace from Are You Being Served? as that's always the voice I hear when that phrase is said or read). 

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch


11 comments:

  1. Great finishes! I made a few flat folds a thousand years ago. I need to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work. I love the tartan you used for the cottage, a very good match! I've not make a flatfold. That's something to do this year.

    Santa is lovely but I'm afraid I run on Coffee and Order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flatfold, that is a finish I have never tried myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great flatfold finish, your Santa is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric and braid you chose perfect, I love flat-folds.
    The little Santa is adorable.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute finishes. I love your flatfold finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flatfold finish is awesome, Tiff. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining in this month! I've never tried a flatfold finish either but as yours looks so awesome (LOVE the backing fabric) I might have to pop over to Vonna's tutorial and give it a try. Love your other two finishes too. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stitch one at a time, and still don't FFO! Got a piece ready for framing, tucked away. I love your flatfold finish x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finishes! I love your flatfold, it reminds me that I really wanted to try and make on of these myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your first ever flat fold looks great! Your Santa is so sweet and your three C's are a laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...