Wednesday, January 8, 2020

People's Choice SAL - January 2020 - Lizzie Kate!


The first Saturday of the month is the People's Choice SAL, hosted by the indefatigable Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching. Please check out everyone else's posts at her blog here.

I've stitched several Lizzie Kate projects over the years and mostly I enjoy her patterns as they're fairly quick and fun to swap out colours, etc. to make them your own. Some of her later patterns were a bit too sampler-like for me, as I'm not a huge fan of the prim craze. Fortunately, she created so many patterns over the years, you can pick and choose what you like from her patterns.

On to what I've actually finished from LK. These are in descending order somewhat, from most recently finished or FFO to earliest.

 Dog Lessons - unknown beige fabric, 28ct I think with WDW, changed colours to blue and green for mine and DH's favourite colours and modified the dog to look more like our basset hound.

April Flip-It with stash threads, 1 or 2 over 1 on 22ct hardanger

 LK line Flora McSample with stash threads and fabric, 2 over 2 on 28ct scrap

Snow Rules on 14ct aida with stash threads

 Hop and I think this is LK? can't find any info right now, with stash threads 2 over 2 on 28ct Chromatic Alchemy fabric, maybe Realgar?

 Ho Ho Ho with stash threads and bought Wisper for the first time to use on his beard. Weird to use, but looks fun

At our House, gift for co-worker and with stash threads 2 over 2 on beige unknown 28 ct fabric

Oh Baby! with stash WDW threads on 28ct unknown fabric and this one was a lot of fun because you can choose whatever motifs you want to add, out of 16 or so choices.

Housework Never Killed Anyone with stash threads on 28ct white evenweave and this is still languishing in a drawer. I need to give it to my friend that cleans houses :)
March Flip-it (maybe?) with stash threads on 14ct aida

Life's a Stitch for a co-worker who was moving on, again, stash threads on 28ct white monaco


I have a fair bit of LK stash because when she was retiring, I wanted to get as many charts as I was able to that I really, really thought I needed. Have I started any of these? Of course not. Here's some of what I picked up:

I should have known there'd be no rush, but oh well. It's nice to have them for a quick stitch some time once I get some more WIPs complete, or to meet some of the challenges. 

Again, please check out Jo's blog to see everyone else's post and I hope you've been having a good start to the year! Next month penguins, and I'm pretty sure I've never stitched any. 

Happy Stitching,


Tiffstitch

10 comments:

  1. Tiffany: You have some sweet designs, it always feel good to have a design finished.
    Have a lovely day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. You have stitched quite a lot of L*K. Including Life's a Stitch which seems to be the most popular design so far.
    Blame Christine for the penguins LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognize several of the projects you've stitched. I've stitched several myself and have others in my stash which also haven't touched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Thanks for sharing. I agree with you about her "retirement" she sure made a lot of money on that didn't she.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great collection and all so lovely with many more to add to it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I don't recall seeing Oh Baby! but then I usually overlook that theme! I love how you did Sophia's sampler and the motifs you chose. Maybe we'll be seeing some new LK starts in the not-too-distant future? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great collection - both stitched and to stitch. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stitching! I have the chart for Hop, it definitively is a L*K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many lovely pieces! And some I've never seen before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...