Monday, April 19, 2021

Jo's 10th Year of Blogging Celebration!

Hi everyone! I decided I must join in with Jo's 10th anniversary of blogging celebration. There's no one else quite like her with all the hosting she does in the blogosphere and on Facebook and stays active on both, plus so much more organized than I can ever imagine. :) You're amazing Jo!


To celebrate, Jo came up with a Ten Things Tag list, so I will do my best to complete it. 


 1.    The tenth project you completed

I completed so many little things before I started blogging and literally have no idea what my 10th project would have been. However, if I limit it to my 10th finish while on Blogspot, then we have:


Hello Invaders (designer on Sprite Stitch)
stitched 1 over 1 on 14ct towel band with DMC

I can't remember if it called for rainbow colours or if I made that choice to make it more summery. I ended up gifting this to my sister-in-law and that made her interested in cross-stitch. She has since completed 2 generations of the epic Pokemon stitches! So it was clearly a worthwhile stitch. 

2.    The tenth blog post you made

You can find that post here. I was home alone with our 2 month old at the time and worked on Tribal Dragon, which has since been finished, but back in January 2014, looked like this:

Tribal Dragon by White Willow Stitching in January 2014
stitched 1 over 1 with Soie Cristal silk on 25ct pewter Lugana

3.    The tenth blog in your blog roll (or your reader or however you follow blogs)

I used to use Feedly, but haven't been up on it for a while, so I'll throw in another 10, tenhourstitcher! We've teamed up for some starts over the last year or so and have no signs of stopping yet. :) 

4.    A designer you have stitched more than ten designs

I have a few of these, Dimensions, Durene Jones, Mill Hill, Lizzie Kate and HAED now. Apparently I like to challenge myself? :)

5.    A project that took/is taking more than ten years to complete

Anyone surprised I have more than one of these? One I'm not sure where one is, one I'd have to find where the pattern is, although I have the project and threads, and the other I made a mistake on and have to restart. 

Dimensions ornaments - this project is currently lost somewhere

Tree of Stitches by Abi Gurden 
stitched as charted over 1 or 2 specialty stitches with DMC variations

I don't remember why I stopped stitching on this one, possibly because we moved and it got put away somewhere, so I lost track of the SAL? I need to find where the pattern is, but I have since found the project and threads. 


Blue Fractal by skitzzzzzz
stitched 1 over 1 on 22ct hardanger

I uploaded this into Pattern Keeper and as I was trying to edit what I'd done, I realized I've made many, many mistakes in this one. At first I thought I could get by, but now I've realized it needs a complete restart. So this will likely be a long time before I get back to it. 

6.    A design on the theme of "ten"

When I think of multiple charts, I always think of Country Cottage Needleworks and their sets of designs. One that has 10 charts is Main Street:

I thought of this one first because I believe there are a lot of variations of this chart that people have designed on their own. Like a Gilmore Girls version, etc. 

7.    The tenth colour on your current project.  Do you use this colour a lot?

Hmm, my current WIP doesn't have 10 colours. Let's see what the next planned WIP is, nope, that one doesn't have 10 colours either. Okay, let's go with Amazing Animal Kingdom. That one definitely has more than 10 colours. The 10th colour is DMC 169. I think this colour does tend to come up in a lot of projects because it's a nice medium gray. 


8.    Your tenth WIP for WIPocalypse, WIPGO or whatever list you make

The 10th WIP on my blog WIP list is Land of Dinosaurs, yet another unfinished one. 

This is from a World of Cross Stitch Magazine October 2015. I had started it back when DD was interested in dinosaurs and she still is, maybe she still will be by the time I finish? 

9.    Your tenth finish this year (or last year if you haven't finished ten so far this year)

I just finished this one almost a week ago, so I haven't even shown it on the blog yet. Now in it's premiere:
Cindy Cane by Mill Hill
stitched as charted with kit fabric, threads and beads

10.    How has your stitching style changed in the last ten years?

I had tried full coverage 10 years ago and gave up because it was so difficult with paper charts. I kept trying and until Pattern Keeper came out, I had stopped buying full coverage patterns. Now I keep buying more! It's so much fun to stitch with Pattern Keeper now. 

Other big changes are I only started to become aware of the smaller designers around 12 years ago, so hadn't really stitched much except from kits up till then. Since then my fabric and thread stash has grown tremendously. It's a lot of fun to kit things up now instead of buying kits and I enjoy using the colourful fabrics, as you've probably seen from my blog. I think I'm maybe a neater stitcher now too? Possibly. 

This was a lot of fun Jo! Plus it made me have to organize my blog and get all the WIPs and completions updated. Slowly but surely getting there. :)

Stay well and Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

14 comments:

  1. I like this challenge! You can see how your crafting has changed through years and remember things forgotten long before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was interesting to go through everything. :) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Tiff: I love this celebration, what fun it is to see all the number tens you have.
    I started out with fourteen count AIDA many years later I went to linen 28-40 count, I love it.

    Catherine

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of fun to see how things have changed. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for joining in and for the lovely compliments too!
    It was so much fun seeing all your different answers. And you picked two projects I have, the Tree of Stitches recently framed and Main Street which is going to be a Spooky village when I've finished with it.
    Hope to catch up again in ten years time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the great idea. :) That's so funny about ToS, it's been languishing over here.

      Delete
  4. Such an interesting read! And of course I had to check out Jo's post too:D It's always fun to look back so maybe I'll join in...even though I don't even think I can answer all the questions. But then, who cares? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great collection of 'ten', it's lovely to read all your answers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those ten questions were a great and funny challenge. Love the towel, perfect for a guest room! Main street and Cindy cane are two lovely patterns. Thanks for sharing. Amicalement. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun SAL, it was great diving into your stitchy past! Also made me realize I 'lied' about my tenth finish, there were at least three more projects I completely forgot about...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I missed some somewhere as well, it's hard when you have multiple crafts as well. :)

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...