Thursday, October 14, 2021

And it's Done!

 Yay! I'm so happy to report I managed a finish on In the Gloaming! Despite the trials and tribulations with getting the colour scheme correct to begin with, see here, I've been happy with how this has turned out so far and I'm very excited about the finish. I loved Rachel's idea of etoile for the gate, and it looks amazing. Without further ado:
In the Gloaming by Whispered by the Wind
stitched 2 over 1 on 28ct Mirage by PTP
with DMC 167, 738, 3823 and 3866 as changes to the original colours

I definitely feel like this needs to be a framed finish, and I don't think the dimensions are the same as Witch's Gate, so it will likely have to framed on its own. Likely in black to make it more dramatic I think. If you have any suggestions, please let me know! 

Such a relief to have this one finished. I've added so many WIPs this year that I'm glad to have this medium to large sized one completed. I need to catch up on everyone's blogging again and hope you've all been doing well with your stitching too. 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

9 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffstitch: Congratulations on the finish.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on your finish! I've been working on mine too, although it still needs a fair amount of work before I can join your Happy Dance.
    I'm also thinking of a black frame; nothing elaborate but maybe something with a little bit of texture. It all depends what my framers have got. I'll look forward to seeing what you choose. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you've had time to get yours out as well. I agree on the frame, nothing too ornate to take away from the stitching, but something with a little extra would be nice.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful finish on a very effective piece, huge congrats

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've already seen this one on Instagram - what a great finish, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And possibly. I can get a post there more quickly than here.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the Happy Dance for this one. Looking forward to seeing it framed, plain black would be my choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic finish! Yes, I think a black frame would certainly look the best with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...