Monday, November 22, 2021

Naughty November 2021 Start #3

My post is a bit late today, but I didn't forget! Although I think it is tomorrow for Rachel. :) Make sure to check her post for her start and Faith's as well. 

I didn't get time to post about this last week, but I did manage to finish the 2nd ornament as well:
Moonrise ornament #2 by Whispered by the Wind
stitched 2 over 2 on 14ct Illusion by Silkweavers
with DMC as charted and C3799 Etoile on the fence 
and Rainbow gallery blending filament with 168 on the moon

I think I forgot to use Blanc etoile on the rest of the moon this time, but it was a really busy week, so I'm not letting myself get annoyed about it. 

I think I did the same thing with ornament 3 as well, and got a great start on it!

This will eventually look like the second one in the following photo:



Moonrise ornament #3 by Whispered by the Wind
stitched 2 over 2 on 14ct Illusion aida by Silkweavers
with DMC as charted besides RG blending filament with DMC 168 for the moon

I've been enjoying this one and fortunately don't mind back stitch because there's a lot of it in this one. I was thinking after I finished that maybe I should have used Etoile for the roofs, but I did not think of it at the time. I'm okay with how it looks. 

Only one more weekend to go! I hope you've been having fun if you've joined in in some way. 

Stay well and Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch


14 comments:

  1. Tiffstitch: This will be adorable when finished.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your second finish, and on almost finishing the third ornie too! Just the bats and backstitching to go and, although there's quite a bit of it at least it's really straight forward. I must say, I'm really looking forward to number four. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a lot of back stitch, but I don't mind it. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Great work on both of these. I love the cat on the finished one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tiff, you have a finish! Good for you! It looks as though the other one is just about finished too! Congrats, the two of you picked a great set of ornaments to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, although all credit on the choosing is for Rachel. :)

      Delete
  5. Great job getting the second one finished, and it looks like the third one doesn't need too much more work, either! Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...