Saturday, August 7, 2021

2021 Tokyo Olympics Stitching Challenge Start #16

Hello eveyone! It's been a week of extra stress at work, but today is the weekend thank goodness. Plus I have a little help in my fun fact from Jo! She posted on my Facebook page about how the medals in the Tokyo Olympics are made from recycled materials from phones and electronics. I was aware, but I don't think I had posted about it yet, so if you'd like to read more about the gigantic endeavour this was, check out this link

They are beautiful medals and increasing the sustainability of the Olympics is a great idea. I think Rachel posted about this as well, or we were discussing it.

Onto today's yesterday's start. I chose another full coverage project! Anyone surprised? I've become somewhat addicted to starting them because of Pattern Keeper. I've been reasonable? with this one because it has a limited palette of colours and isn't a full design. 

And my small start:
Motherhood by Selena Fenech (HAED)
stitched 1 over 1 on 28ct Unicorn Farts by Chromatic Alchemy

I'd been waiting for the right project to use on this fabric and I realized it kind of looks like waves, so this seemed to suit it. That is part of the mother's arm where I started in the middle. 

I hope you've all been having a good day and staying healthy!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch



7 comments:

  1. Your fabric choice is beautiful, love the new design.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could help with the fact finding!
    That is a beautiful piece of fabric. I'd pare the design down even more and just stitch the grey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the grey is all that's charted, not the white background, so hopefully it won't take forever. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful start, that fabric is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...