Wednesday, August 25, 2021

2021 Tokyo Paralympics Stitching Challenge Start #2

Day 2 and another dragon! I'm really enjoying this and it's fun to SAL with Rachel. We had thought we'd stitch the same one each day and you could all compare, but I went with the file name of the dragons and Rachel with the cover photo, so they're different. But we'll get to each one eventually. I'm not sure why the designer arranged them in a different order than they're named on the cover photo anyway. :)

Today's interesting fact is about a Paralympic sport that doesn't exist in any way in the Olympics. It's called Goalball and is only played by visually impaired athletes. There are 3 players on each side of a court about the size of a volleyball court. Each end of the court has a goal all along the end. One team has the ball on their side and tries to throw it into the goal. The other team tries to stop them. How can they do this while visually impaired? There are bells inside the ball, so the players can hear where it is and react. Here's a video of some highlights so you get a better idea:


An interesting sport and something that someone that may have lost vision later in life and enjoyed soccer/football or similar sports might enjoy. 

Today's dragon had a decent amount of stitches added:
Drake #2 by StitchItPicasso
stitched 1 over 1 on 20ct Fairyland opalescent aida by Silkweaver
with Jodyri Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath

I'm still enjoying how these are coming together. I think it's a nice change to stitch on 20ct vs. my usual 28ct as well. This one will represent February. 

I hope you're all staying well!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant start, and loving the colour of wrath. It's the same fabric, have you decided if you are going to keep them all together in a grid or cut them out later? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't decided yet, so plenty of space in between in case I put the month on the side, or at the bottom depending on the dragon design.

      Delete
  2. What an amazing sport, I wish I had been able to watch the game live on TV.
    The fabric color for your dragon is beautiful.
    I do like working on some designs with a 20-28 count fabric, some designs just look better on the count.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is nice for a change and I think you're right, certain designs fit certain counts better.

      Delete
  3. I hadn't known about this sport, so thanks for sharing. I love the fabric color and the dragon color for February is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I hadn't either, I'm enjoying learning more about the Paralympics as well. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. What an interesting sport! Never heard of it before.
    Really love the colour combo of your new start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I've enjoyed learning more about each sport as well.

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...