Wednesday, September 16, 2015

WIP Wednesdays

I hope you enjoyed yesterday's Top 10 post and you were able to check out Keeble's World and The Suddenly Kate Show to learn a little bit more about their parts of the world. Today I remembered to add their links...

And today it's WIP Wednesday! 

For various reasons Princess and the Dragon hasn't moved since Sunday:

And I saw someone else's on Facebook and they're doing something similar to what I've done to the dragon's chest. They're outlining and filling in. I already made a minor counting error in the dragon's neck, so I think I'm going to continue trying to do that for the larger areas. That part of the dragon's chest extends over 3 pages, so it's the safest thing for me to not lose count. I've been lazy and haven't gridded like I should have. 

I did progress on my Song of the Weather SAL though and finished March:

It's on white fabric, but the light I was using is very amber, and this is the best I could do with the new Google photos, which continues to frustrate me on their lack of editing options.

I stitched it with Caron Watercolours and Wildflowers Monsoon and DMC perle #5 something blue ;) I don't remember which one it is and I didn't mark it on the bobbin. 

My Queen's knots are horrible. I tried and tried and the first time I stitched this one I made gorgeous, plump knots. These ones are horrid and I can't fix them no matter how many times I did them over and over again. I gave up in the end. My grandma, the intended recipient, doesn't stitch and hopefully won't ever know they should look much better. 

I am mostly happy with the wrapped bars and I love the square filets. I think I really got how to do them well this time. 

I'm looking forward to April and I need to get something finishing by November and this may be the easiest one, so I may be pulling this out frequently. The other project I wanted to finish for my grandma was this one;

And I still like it, but it still has a long way to go. I've been waiting until the weather cools so I won't mark it because I don't think I can wash it afterwards and I don't want to take a chance with it. 

Also, I love the pattern in the center circle, but can anyone tell me what you see there? I know what it should be, but I worry it's not easy to tell and my grandma will be like "Oh, how lovely" just to be nice. She's great like that, but I'd like her to know what it is too! It's easier to decipher if you back up a little. 

Thanks for your help!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch




9 comments:

  1. Since I started gridding, whenever I do a project without gridding (for whatever reason), I invariably always screw up massively. It's become a crutch.

    Have I told you how much I ADORE that material for P&D, BTW?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's Amarinthine by Chromatic Alchemy. And it is a little lighter IRL than how it shows up in the photos.

      Delete
  2. I was looking at that picture at completely the wrong angle and wondering if it was going to be a carriage! I think I need my eyes testing...but then i zoomed in and saw what it is and that is a deer in the foreground right? I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite, although I can see where you got the carriage. This is the original design. http://www.herrschners.com/Product/Homeward+Trail+in+Winter.aspx

      Delete
  3. I have never gridded for stitching, I am sure I will go wrong while counting. The March piece looks nice!!
    I could not much decipher even after enlarging other than that it's a chariot/carriage and some landscape view. But after reading the above comment, I could see a deer too. Maybe, once completed, everything will be very clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The central pattern is mostly complete, that's why I'm concerned that no one else can tell what it is.. Thanks and I've counted wrong with gridding before too.

      Delete
  4. I'm way behind on reading blogs but I see you have been doing beautiful stitching. Love the fabric you are using for the dragon. I like stitching that way since you can mindlessly fill in while watching something you have to pay attention to on TV. I think your queen's knots look fine. Don't worry. We are our own worst critics after all. I like the scene in the middle of the bottom one. To me it looks like two trees in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what the scene is supposed to be, great! I'm glad someone can see it. There's a path at the bottom as well that kind of winds around.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful progress, Tiff, I love the dragon especially.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...