As I mentioned in my last YOTA post, I did pull out Dog Lessons to work on, and I finished it!
It was a very enjoyable stitch and I made a couple of changes to the original chart to fit more with our basset who died last year. Specifically I adjusted the dog to look more basset-like:
I also recently pulled out one 2012 UFO, Joy by Dimensions:
and got to here:
I also worked on a 2013 SAL that I never finished. I've restarted it and decided to stitch everything on an afghan. It's by Mabel Figworthy's Fancies and was my first go at hardanger. For some reason that made sense in January, I started with the February design:
and managed to finish it last night:
I'm not 100% happy with my dove's eyes or my woven bars, but it's okay. I used WDW Peoria Purple for the dark purple and the lighter purple is WDW Lilac (I think). I used Wildflowers Honeysuckle for the lighter cream colour on the woven bars and dove's eyes.
I have the colours chosen for the other months now and while it's hot I may stick to working on this one. I also need to progress on a couple I'd like to finish by November, but I'm waiting until the weather cools as I'm not sure if they can really be washed.
I hope everyone else had a great YOTA month!