Saturday, June 29, 2019

School of Magical Stitches and Literature Catch-up Post


This will probably be a long one, so hope you're up to a good read. :) When I last posted, May 31 (yikes!) we were on Week 4 of Year 4. For that week we had to stitch on something that applied to each letter of SPEW.

I chose See Ya Later Alligator for S:
See Ya Later Alligator by Jodyri Designs
2 over 2 on 28ct Nuriel's Forest by Chromatic Alchemy with stash threads

Princess and the Dragon for P:
Princess and the Dragon by Charting Creations
stitched 1 over 1 on 28ct Amarinthine by Chromatic Alchemy with DMC 310

Evening in the Shire for E:
Evening in the Shire by Cute Patterns by Maria
stitched 2 over 2 as charted on 28ct Moonscapes by Jodyri

and Universal Monsters SAL by Witchy Stitcher for W:
Universal Monsters SAL by Witchy Stitcher
stitched 2 over 2 as charted on 28ct Al's Dark Magic by Chromatic Alchemy

Year 4, Week 5: Dragons

The first task in the Triwizard Tournament involves getting an egg away from a nesting dragon mother. We had to explain how our stitching would relate to accomplishing this task and stitch 1000 stitches on a project. 

I decided to pick up my Basset Hound since Cedric transfigured a rock into a dog during his attempt, and I thought 1000 stitches might get me a finish. Turns out I only needed 545!
Basset Hound by Brenda Frankline
stitched 2 over 2 as charted on 14ct navy aida

This was also my oldest WIP, going back at least 15 years I think. Definitely over 10 anyway. I'm so happy to have this complete!!

Since I had more stitching to do I said that the Princess would attack and try and get the Dragon to leave her nest for long enough to grab an egg. I only managed 413 stitches though, so I didn't quite hit 1000 this week. 
Princess and the Dragon by Charting Creations
stitched 1 over 1 on 28ct Amarinthine by Chromatic Alchemy with DMC 310

Year 4, Week 6: The Black Lake

The second task of the TriWizard Tournament is to get back something the merpeople took. For the champions, it meant a person, for us, it means our most loved stitching piece has disappeared! The merpeople have taken our projects into the Black Lake! Fortunately they cast Impervious spells first, so nothing gets ruined. To get our projects back from the merpeople, we must stitch 1000 stitches on whatever project we love the most. 

For me, right now, that means the Universal Monsters SAL and gives me a good chance to catch up. I started here at the beginning of the week:
and stitched 1026 stitches:
Universal Monsters SAL by Witchy Stitcher
stitched 2 over 2 as charted on 28ct Al's Dark Magic by Chromatic Alchemy

Room 1 is complete and Room 2 is well on its way! This is still so much fun to stitch on. I love seeing how they all turn out. A lot of people have made changes in the rooms, like stitching the sarcophagus in gold, etc. The only change I've made so far is the Mummy is charted with blood dripping out of its mouth. I took that part out. 

Year 4, Week 7

Some students were sneaking books about love potions out of the library. The school has decided we can make one love potion for the Yule Ball, if we stitch 200 stitches on each element of the earth (air, water, fire, earth and wood). 4 of the elements also align with the school houses, so you can stitch with the corresponding colour too. 

These will be out of numerical order of how the project is progressing, but all the photos are there :) I stitch each task as I think of how to fit in the project, so I don't necessarily finish the first part first, etc. 

1) Air - Hufflepuff (Patience, nature-loving, flexibility, co-operation) Yellow

I plan to use another stitcher's (Sherley Escribano) version of the painting in the Invisible Man's room, this one:
and since that is showing sky/air/clouds as a version of Starry, Starry Night, I worked more on the Universal Monsters SAL:
Universal Monsters SAL by Witchy Stitcher
stitched 2 over 2 as charted on 28ct Al's Dark Magic by Chromatic Alchemy

2) Water - Ravenclaw (wisdom, creativity, community, distance) Blue

There is water in the creature's room, so I stitched 211 stitches on Monsters again:

and finished room 2 #fancybandageman as well as a small start on Room 4. 

3) Earth - Slytherin (ambition, cunning, waiting for right moment to strike) Green

I moved over to Room 3 in Monsters to work on the Creature, there's tons of green there! It was about as it looked in the upper photo, and 217 stitches got it to here:

4) Fire - Gryffindor (bravery, honour, stubbornness) Red

I didn't have enough red on Monsters, so I did a bit of a search of my projects until I remembered Kiss for a Snowman has a lot of red in the little girl's coat. It was here a couple months ago:
and after 200+ stitches, all red:
Kiss for a Snowman by Dimensions
stitched as charted on 16ct white aida

5) Wood (warmth, generosity, cooperation and idealism) Brown

The organ in Room 1 of Monsters is made of wood, so another 200+ stitches on Monsters:
Universal Monsters SAL by Witchy Stitcher
stitched 2 over 2 as charted on 28ct Al's Dark Magic by Chromatic Alchemy

Check out those eyebrows!! ;)

And these are all the past events. Week 8 is still happening, so I'll add that in a separate post as this is long enough already. Hope you enjoyed the catch up! 

Btw, I've decided to only add the info under photos when I show a different project, so above when it's Monsters over and over, I only showed the info at the top photo. If you'd like it on all of them, please let me know. I thought it was getting too wordy with me repeating the same thing over and over. 

Thanks, and Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

5 comments:

  1. I am so loving monsters Tiffany. I really gotta go get that chart. Congrats on the great finish.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do keep getting more and more interesting each week. The one I haven't started yet is the Wolfman. Some people are using Whisper thread to make him fuzzy, so I'm debating about that. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Just love hearing and seeing your different projects and how they fit. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful progress on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the Happy Dance for the Basset. It's always nice to get an older project finished. Nice work on the Monster SAL too. It's a very versatile project for these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices and great progress, especially on the Monsters SAL! And I love that you finished the Basset, he has such a trusting doggy look on his face :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...