Saturday, June 29, 2019

School of Magical Stitches and Literature Year 4, Week 8: End of the Year


Here it is, the last week of June and the last week of Book 4: The Goblet of Fire. I need to add in books I've read, etc. into the tasks, and I realized I haven't mentioned any of the extra credit stitching. I didn't have much chance to do it as I'm stitching on the other group too, so I don't know that I finished any of that part. I'll have a look through as I'm filling out all the other tasks and add it in another post if I manage to get any done.

This is the conclusion to Book 4, which is a harsher end than most young adult books, but it is still an excellent read. I hope everyone has read the books, otherwise some of these tasks might contains spoilers.

There are several parts to this week's event, and the stitch count varies. I'm not even close to done this one, so any help is always welcome! My WIP list is here.

Task 1) Stitch 200 stitches on objects that are touching (because Cedric and Harry touched the TriWizard cup at the same time)

I said the books in Room 4 of Monsters are touching, so stitched 202 stitches on Monsters:
Universal Monsters SAL by Witchy Stitcher
stitched 2 over 2 as charted on 28ct Al's Dark Magic by Chromatic Alchemy


Task 2) Voldemort attacked at the tournament, stitch 200 stitches in black or grey

Again this is out of order with the top photo, but I had stitched the bottom room outline before filling out Room 3:

Task 3) Stitch 100 stitches on a grave or graveyard scene to represent Cedric's murder. I don't have anything chosen for this yet, as I don't know if I have anything that has this on it. Maybe a Halloween piece somewhere? Might need a new start ;)

Task 4) Harry's parents appeared to help him, stitch 200 stitches on a project you needed help with (fabric, thread advice, etc). I'm using modifications to Monsters, so will use that:

51 stitches in, Room 3 is done. I still need to stitch another 150 stitches to complete this task. 

Task 5) Stitch 200 stitches on an ingredient in polyjuice potion (this is a challenge!) because Professor Moody was being impersonated by someone using this potion. The ingredients include lacewings, boomslang skin, leeches, knotgrass, powdered horn of Bicorn and a bit of whomever you want to turn into. 

Task 6) Harry turned his TriWizard tournament winnings over to Fred and George Weasley so they could start a joke shop. We need to stitch 100 stitches on something that makes us laugh. This will likely be monsters again. 

Any help is always appreciated, and I hope you all have a great weekend!

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

5 comments:

  1. Great progress so far but also a bit more difficult this time around. Here are my thoughts...
    Task 3 looks like it might have to be a new start. Do you have a large Halloween project from which you can just stitch a gravestone, or perhaps design your own to fit a keyring or something?
    Task 5 looks like it might have to be a bit of whomever you want to turn into. I'd suggest the little girl with the snowman or the witch sitting in front of the moon.
    Task 6 would have to be The Shire, simply because there's a blooming great door staring you right in the face which you failed to see last time! Even if it doesn't make you laugh it made me laugh!!
    Looking forward to seeing what you decide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful progress. I love seeing how you make the projects fit. These requirements are a lot more difficult. I'm tired from the weekend at the cabin so no help from me. I know you will figure it out though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome article.
    thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress, I love the monsters face. I hope you managed to finish all the tasks!
    I actually finished all the Extra Credit Stitching and Reading this month. Not much progress on the Monthly Reading of the Stitchy Quest group, though...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...