Friday, May 31, 2019

School of Magical Stitches and Literature, Year 4, Week 4


This week's homework assignment involves a little more effort on our part. This task involves a little background about house elves, who are servants to wizards and witches. Most are treated well, although some are basically slaves that are constantly abused (see Dobby from Chamber of Secrets). Hermoine Granger, who came from a Muggle/non-magic family finds the fact that Hogwarts uses several house elves scandalous as she feels they should not have to serve anyone, despite the fact it generally makes house elves happy to be of service. She feels every elf should be free and starts a club called the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare (SPEW).

Our task this week is to find a project that fits each letter of S.P.E.W., whether it's the designer or the pattern name. It must be the first word in the pattern name, and not SAL for S, etc.

I haven't figured out exactly what I'd like to stitch for each one, but I do have some options. We are to stitch 200 stitches on each project. If you'd like to suggest anything, please feel free! My WIP list can be found here.

1) S - I haven't decided which project yet, but I'm thinking either Sleigh Ride stocking or See Ya Later Alligator. I like See Ya Later better, but feel like I should really pick up Sleigh Ride as it's been a while since it's been touched.

2) P - Princess and the Dragon - I think this is an obvious choice. It's been moving along so well! Currently it's here:
Princess and the Dragon by Charting Creations
stitched 1 over 1 with DMC 310 on 28ct Amarinthine by Chromatic Alchemy

200 stitches should finish off that gap under the princess' foot, or just move the bottom along some more, or possibly even work up the left side a bit. I've been filling in a lot, but not really progressing on the actual pattern. 

3) E - Evening in the Shire - I think this is my only 'e' project, so should be easy enough to get a few more stitches in. 

4) W- Witchy Stitcher's Universal Monsters SAL. I have completed this one and used the greens from Room 3 (#fancyfishman) for the 200 required stitches. 


So please let me know any suggestions or what you'd like me to work on. I have a loose plan and provided I can get a little time tonight I should get at least one of these completed, possibly 2 more. Evening in the Shire will work for the yellow and gray for the LOTR group too, so that would be getting 3 total tasks crossed off with one project. :) 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch


7 comments:

  1. Princess and the Dragon is growing so well recently, its magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another very fun post Tiffany. I really am enjoying these. I'm also in Ravenclaw.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. :) I've seen some of your posts. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you've already decided which projects to stitch on. I'll happily await your progress pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun. Thanks for sharing and enjoy finding what fits. I like the idea of doing one you haven't worked on in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the SPEW task, probably because it fit so well with my ongoing projects. I'm looking forward to seeing what you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've probably decided and stitched it by now! This is such a good excuse to get out some older WIPs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...