Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness - May 2019


Here we are again in mid-month for Gifted Gorgeousness! As always, please check out Jo's blog for everyone's posts on their gifts, gifted stitching, and shoe horns. :)

I'm still in Magical Stitches, but there's been an upheaval and things are a little different, plus there's a new Lord of the Rings group, so yes, still lots of stitching. I'd like to get this post done and then I'll try and get a couple more up to go over the other stitching and what's been going on.

Also, shortly after last month's GG, I found out from Carla's blog that Jodyri and KLT Charting were having a mini-competition, so I joined that and did even more stitching! It was a lot of fun competing in teams, and I was glad to be on #teamjodyri.

On to the GG stitching! 
KLT Charting Frogs on 28ct Chromatic Alchemy fabric (forget the name)
stitched 2 over 2 with DMC 310 and Jodyri Autumn Leaves?

This is a gift for DH and I had purchased the pattern years ago when it was an ongoing SAL, but had never started it. 

LK's April Flip-It still needs to be completed
stitched 1 or 2 over 1 on 22 ct ivory hardanger with random stash threads

This will likely end up being a gift for my Grandma for Easter next year :)

Frost by Seba Designs stitched on 28ct Chromatic Alchemy fabric
stitched 1 over 2 with Jodyri April Showers

A new start! This will be a square design when finished and I think it will make a great pillow and gift for someone. I haven't chosen who yet, although my Grandma is always my first choice :)

Do Not Meddle with charted threads on 28ct Monaco? for stunt stitching

This is for someone who can't stitch well any more and I'm so far behind on this one. Hopefully I can get a fair bit done this year, possibly even a finish. 

Another finish! This is I Love You by Jodyri Designs
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Eye of Newt by Chromatic Alchemy fabrics

This is for DH and I haven't quite decided how to finish it. 

Ballerina Dreams by Dimensions
stitched with charted threads 2 over 1 on 16ct Petra? by Chromatic Alchemy

Some of you may remember that I started this last year with the idea of finishing it in six months. I abandoned it in March since I wasn't far enough along, and finally got it back out this year and got a few stitches in. 

Evening in the Shire by Cute Patterns by Maria
Stitched as charted 2 over 2 on 28ct Moonscapes by Jodyri

This was a new start last month! Yes, I started another new project to meet the guidelines of the Team Jodyri vs Team KLT challenges. I've been wanted to start this one and I think it will be a gift for my eldest brother when complete. 

So, lots of stitching done, one more finish, whee! And a couple new starts. There's maybe another one too, which I'll show when I go over the other challenges and groups. 

I hope you've all had a good month!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch




10 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are still stitching like a mad woman haha. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all of the beautiful stitching Tiffany. I've been stitching alot but now I'm ready to do some crocheting. I did a blog post if your interested.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great! I'll go check it out, thank you for letting me know. I'm always interested, but don't always find the time I want to keep up with blogs. In the summer I do seem to knit more as I don't like the feeling of warm hands on my stitching. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Great post, so many projets in work. Love "Yesterday" great choice of fabric and color threads. Cute frog, must add I was first tempted to kiss my laptop screen and see if some charming prince was coming for dinner. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of progress here!
    Especially love the stitching for Hubbie!
    Hugs
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy, such lovely stitching. I see a dragon coming, awesome! The I Love You is perfect, it says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much Gifted Gorgeousness as usual. Frost is so delicate and must feel so different from the brighter colours you usually stitch with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you have so much going on! I love your new starts, especially the Frog SAL by KLT, that one looks like so much fun.
    Are you a part of the new Lord of the Rings Group? If so, could you share the link with me? I missed it when it was posted in the Magical Stitches group and would really like to have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a sweet looking frog .... if you can say that about the little green rascals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I did hear a little bit about the drama, I had wondered where the LotR group came from!
    Nice work on all your pieces, really looking forward to seeing Do Not Meddle progressing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...