Friday, May 17, 2019

People's Choice SAL - Flowers

The People's Choice SAL is a way to show off some current project or finishes that you can fit into the heading. This is, as usual, hosted by the indefatigable Jo of Serendipitious Stitching. I'm a little late to the game with this one, but you can still see everyone's posts at her post here.

I've gone through all of the photo albums and pulled out photos that have flowers. This is my earliest ever WIP, which you can probably tell by looking:
It's stamped and I really don't like it all that much, so haven't gone back to it in years. It's something my parents gave me in high school I think, so we're talking a good 25 years ago now. 


Welcome signs by Pine Glen Designs (2010)

These were a choose your own palette free design back when the Online Needlework Show was a bigger deal than it is now. They were fun stitches and I gave one to my parents and one to my Grandma. 

It turns out a lot of my flower stitching is for my Mom or Grandma. This little yellow rose was made into a coaster for my Grandma: 

And this one was for my Mom, Dimensions? Morning Glories and Hummingbird, something like that:

In 2012 I finished this for a coworker leaving our office: (LK)
And I think this was a Bent Creek? Easter one for my Grandma, also 2012
 And again in 2012 I sent this little flower, which I stitched with waste canvas onto felt (so annoying!) to a friend of my Grandma:
It was from a Christmas magazine, maybe one of the bigger Xmas collection ones. 

 And do Lazy Daisy stitches count as flowers? This is my first ever attempt :)
A fun blackwork tulip from Jodyri Designs:

This is one of the few flower designs I've stitched for myself and this welcome sign still hangs near our door. It was a freebie design from one of the French sites. 

And do silk roses count? or Spiderweb roses? :) These were my first attempts. I really liked them, the instructions (Mabel's Fancies) were easy to follow and I think they turned out well.

This was from 2015 I think, again a gift for my Grandma, one of the dimensions kits:

And here's one of my most favourite flower photos I've ever taken:

I hope you enjoyed all the photos, thanks for making it through if you did!

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch



7 comments:

  1. I love the Lilac photo, the lilacs will bloom here in early June I hope.
    I like the first design you have from 25 years ago, I bet when it is all stitched up and framed it will be a beauty.
    All the choices you have shown are lovely.
    Better late then never for posting, I have posted late by a month.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many flowers, and not always as they would expect to be seen. I like the bright yellow rose best, but then yellow is my favourite colour so there's no surprise there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty stitched flowers! I'm impressed by how clean that stamped kit looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month with your beautiful bouquet of floral designs! There are some lovely pieces there, I am sure your Mum and Grandma loved all their gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of flowers you've stitched over time, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. Love the photo you took of the flowers. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All beautiful stitched flowers, I like the Morning Glories and Hummingbird the best! Your photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...