Wednesday, May 29, 2019

The Stitchy Quest to Destroy the One Ring: Hobbit Quest 3


The new quest starts early morning on Saturdays, so I'm a few days into it by now, but I'm still not complete as this one is pretty involved. If you're familiar with the Hobbit and the main points, you'll remember that after Bilbo meets Gandalf and Gandalf marks a symbol on his door, next thing you know, the dwarves show up looking for Bilbo to be their burglar. :)

Hobbit Quest 3: Meet the Dwarves

This is the order of their appearance in Bilbo's house, and we're to stitch 100 stitches of the colour of their hats:

1) Dwalin - Green
Universal Monsters SAL Room 3 by Witchy Stitcher
stitched 2 over 2 with DMC as called for on 28ct Al's Dark Magic by Chromatic Alchemy

I love this one and wish I had a little more time to work on it. Fortunately with this week's task I'm getting a lot of stitches in. 

2) Balin - Red

I had to work one a couple parts before I had enough red, but this fit the requirements once I added some yellow as well. 

3) Fili - Blue

Technically Fili is only the darker blue on this one.

4) Kili - Blue - no project yet, have to see what has another 100 stitches of blue in it, possibly Joy Snowglobe or Ocean Curiosity

5) Dori - Purple - no project yet, can't think of one with purple off the top of my head

6) Nori - Purple - same, no project yet

7) Ori - Grey - this will be Evening in the Shire, but I haven't stitched it yet, last time Evening in the Shire was here:
Evening in the Shire by Cute Patterns by Maria
stitched 2 over 2 as charted on 28ct Moonscapes by Jodyri

8) Oin - Brown

The eagle-eyed viewer may have noticed this doesn't look like 100 stitches of brown, and you'd be right. I stitched 56 stitches, realized I was off by one row, frogged it all and restitched. You can count initial stitches as long as you show where you stopped, a photo after frogging, and your final stitch photo. 

9) Gloin - White

I counted and recounted and recounted to make sure I lined up the mummy (aka #fancybandageman) well and it seems correct so far. 

10) Bifur - Yellow

I decided to go ahead and stitch some of the border to make sure I was lined up properly for everything else, and then added the 100 stitches of yellow for the sarcophagus. 

11) Bofur - Yellow - there's not enough yellow left on this one currently, so I'm going to use Evening in the Shire as well. 

12) Bombur - Green (has to be lighter green than Dwalin)

13) Thorin - Blue/silver cap - has to be lighter blue than Kili and Fili

So I had stitched this part first. 

And that's it for the task this week, 1300 stitches!!! It's good though, I'm glad to see this progress and happy to fit bits of it in the Magical Stitches homework as well. 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

7 comments:

  1. Awesome progress and it looks great Tiffany. I really do need to get that SAL.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is so much fun. I love these old movies.

      Delete
  2. Wohoo great fits and great progress! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of progress this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How convenient that you were able to work most of the hat colours on one project. This looks like it's going to be really fun to work on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this SAL and think I might need to get it too...and I also loved the Dwarf-Colour-Quest! I made a good mix of doing penalty stitches for some colours (as I had projects I needed to work on anyways) and having fun with pulling out a few old WIPs. 100 stitches can go so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a clever task, you're doing well so far finding all the different colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...