Monday, May 4, 2020

Spring Into Summer New Start Binge #5 - Dimensions Wish Ornament Kit

The craziness continues this month as we move into May! Although maybe some of you have your own Maynia plans that are a little more out-of-this-world than these new start weekends? I hope you're enjoying stitching things, which is all that really matters. I try not to create deadlines or "goals" any more for myself.

Whenever deadline stitching comes around I always this of Douglas Adams famous quote

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

I hope you'll check out Rachel's great post on her new start as well, it's one of a series of five she plans to start over these weeks, and this is the first one. 

I shook things up a bit after the last 2 so-called easy starts turned out to be anything but. I decided to pull out a kit I've had for a good ten years or so. At some point I was considering stitching it for my Grandma, as I had stitched one of the others a few years back. It wasn't easy last time, so I was more mentally prepared for a challenge this time. 

This was my start:

I stuck with the kit aida, as stiff as it is, since I thought I might stitch in hand. I ended up going to a q-snap for part of the weekend and managed a good 1200 or so stitches on it. 


I'm debating about sticking with it for a finish, although that's still a good week or so away. It would be nice to finish though. I feel better about how I'm stitching this on than the last one I finished. That seemed more difficult for some reason. I think I kept switching out colours instead of stitching with one colour until I finish it, so that might be the difference. 

I hope you all had a good stitching weekend!

Happy Stitching, 

Tiffstitch

12 comments:

  1. Great quote Tiff! I’ve heard that sound a few times!
    Good luck on the stitching it looks lovely so far!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this one's so pretty and what a great start you made over the weekend. You haven't mentioned any frogging or other issues so I assume, other than the fabric being a bit stiff, this was straight-forward? Already looking forward to seeing start number 6! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely and you've really got on well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this one. Great start. I would probably stick with it. Unless another piece is calling to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You chose a really good one this week and you've already made good progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you really made good progress! It's a beautiful project! The quote really made me chuckle:) I've stopped stressing about finishes and new starts too; the most important thing is that I'm enjoying myself:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This si a very pretty design, i have noticed that using the fabric these kits come with are a little stiff but after ironing it softened up a bit.
    Such a cute quote.
    Stay Healthy

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic work. This is really stitching up fast. It's a lovely design too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As fast as this seems to be stitching up Tiff, I think you should go for the finish! Easy for me to say.........LOL. It's a pretty piece though. Glad this finds you doing well and staying healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stitching, love your quote ... I can hear mine flying past !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great start and a great deal of progress already! You should be able to finish this soon, either way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful one, great start. It makes it so much easier with no frogs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...