Monday, May 18, 2020

Spring Into Summer New Start Binge #7 - Wings and Things

Hello everyone! The new start madness continues for Rachel and Annie and me, so please check out their blogs, linked above, for their new starts as well.

I wasn't feeling like starting any of the projects I had earmarked for this event, so I chose one that's been sitting in my stash for a few years now. I've wanted a good excuse to start it, and even though I didn't pick it on the first go for this, I'm very glad to have started it now. It had the right feeling I needed for stitching this weekend.



I purchased the chart, fabric and threads from Thread & Eye, a now retired LNS in London, Ontario. It was the first store I'd seen that had Dinky Dyes on the wall, and that was a lot of fun to check out all the different colours in person vs. online. I settled on Down Under Blues and had some stash Kreinik for the central spider web. It looks like this so far:
Wings and Things by Ink Circles
stitched 2 over 2 on Haunted, maybe PTP? 
with 001 Kreink #8 braid and Dinky Dyes Down Under Blues

I hope you've all had a good stitchy weekend, whether that's joining in with us or Maynia, or however you enjoy this hobby, happy stitching!

Tiffstitch

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely project; it looks amazing and you've come so far already:) Isn't it fascinating how much you can love a project one day...and the next day you just don't want to touch it... As of now I have no idea of what I'm going to start next weekend; I haven't recovered yet from last weekend's fabric disappointment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff: This is a lovely design, good start on this design.
    Have a lovely day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful new start! Nice progress, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new start. Love the colors you picked and the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of those Ink Circles Patterns in my stash! I'm terrified of it! Can't wait to see how yours progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does look good in those colours. I have stitched the ghosts in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks beautiful! You've definitely chosen the right colour combinations, and the Kreinik must look stunning in person. It doesn't look that big either so at least won't be a long term WIP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a lovely piece. Your colour choice is great. I've never heard of Ink Circles before; I like the structure/pattern of the design x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know you had a third mad starting stitcher now!
    Your start looks awesome, and you got a lot done already.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...