Monday, December 21, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up: A New Finish

I didn't get the afghan done in time to mail it, and now I'm realizing I could have finished off the smaller Dimensions ornament I'd finished earlier in the year and sent that back with my parents. 

This one:

Hindsight is 20/20 right? 

Anyways, I was really busy with the preparations for DH's birthday last week and barely had any stitching time. The afghan hasn't progressed much farther than the last photo. I'm thinking I may finish up the above one and mail it off so it will get there shortly after Xmas. 

I did manage to finish the stitching and beading on the Mill Hill tree kit as of last night:

So now I only need to make the hanger and back it with felt. That will be finished up tonight and it's only deciding if I will attempt another project or not to finish up by Thursday for my co-workers. I'm thinking a small towel might be possible, but not another tree kit like this one. 

I didn't get the one I started for my other friend completed, so I'm also debating about finishing it up since there's not much to do, but it can wait until after Xmas and be a present for someone next year. Possibly even for the same friend. I brought truffles over Friday night instead of the stitched gift. :) 

I can't use it for my other co-worker since it's a mini cat pattern and he's allergic to cats. So we'll see what I get done. There's also lots of wrapping to finish, but that can be done on Christmas eve; we don't have anything else planned. 

I hope you're all ready for the holiday, I think I am now. It took a while and we were buying things even last night. There was a plan to go on snow slides in Quebec on Boxing Day (Dec. 26), but there's no snow up here, so I don't think we'll be doing that. 

I should be back on after Top Ten Tuesdays tomorrow, but if not, Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it and enjoy the holiday if you don't. 

Happy Stitching and check out the Stitchery Link Up this week!

Tiffstitch

13 comments:

  1. Great stitching. Best of luck with whatever plan you decide to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mill Hill tree is adorable!
    Hope the snow makes an appearance so that you can go on the slides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in a very hindsighted world, so I completely understand! At least you did have a finish, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Mill Hill Tree. Great job! Good luck getting everything done. I'm trying to get everything done too. Yet here I sat reading blogs haha. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the cute finish Tiffany. Happy Holidays.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching Tiff. I really like those Dimensions ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. che belli e l'albero Mill Hill รจ favoloso

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching!
    My DH had his birthday dinner last week, too. Busy, busy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Mill Hill tree is lovely. Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely finish and Mill Hill kit. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but there's always next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute finish!! Happy Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...