Monday, December 28, 2015

Last Weekend Wrap-Up of 2015

Here we are, almost a week after my last post! It turned out to be fairly busy over the holidays after all. DD had a great time with all of the presents, and played with everything. She was a little leery of the dragon/dinosaur slippers and she hasn't really worn those yet, but maybe she will try them on her own time. 

There was some stitching done despite all the cleaning, breaking down of boxes, traveling, etc. and some gingerbread cookies from the recipe I posted last Tuesday. They turned out well, so give them a try if you're looking for a healthier gingerbread cookie. I didn't take any photos, but they did well with the cookie cutters, including the Doctor Who ones. If there are any left when I get home I'll try and take a photo. 

Stitching:

FFO: Mill Hill kit


Here's the fully finished Mill Hill with beaded hanger and backing and a close-up of the beads. The recipient liked it very much. Thank you for all of your great comments on it!

I started a gift for my other co-worker, but I didn't finish in time.
from 2011 Cross Stitch for the Holidays

I think I'll add this to my Crazy Jan/Feb Challenge and then at least something will get finished next year. :)

I ended up making 2 little gift tags for their children instead:

and I used a free online alphabet for the letters. I stitched them on 14 count silver perforated paper and backed them with navy felt. The thread is Berry Swirl (I think) by Carrie's Creations.

I also managed a pretty decent amount of work on Ho Ho Ho! by Lizzie Kate:

I worked on this while traveling this weekend and I'm please with how far long it is now. I'm not stitching it as charted, this is with TGA Desert Mesquite for the tree and holly and WDW for the stars, as well as PTB for the lettering. That is by far the easiest metallic to work with for me. I was even able to stitch with 2 strands! 

I'd like to say if I kept at this it will be another finish, but there's too much going on with getting ready for the Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January/February Challenge. I mostly have my new starts selected and my leftover CJC pieces from this year will join the pile. That should give me at least 60 projects, if not more. 

I have an expanding file to store most of them, so that looks like this:
Hopefully that will help keep them all organized. I'd also like to get the "finish" drawer organized since I think I might need more room in there this year. :) 

We'll see what I get done and I'll try and have an end-of-year round-up of everything from 2015. 

Happy Stitching and I hope you've been having a good holiday season!

Tiffstitch

6 comments:

  1. Lovely ornaments both started and finished! Good luck with your 2016 stitching plans. I'll be cheering you along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching. Glad to hear your daughter enjoyed everything. The slippers are too cute! Hopefully she decides to like them soon. I wish you lots of luck in 2016! Can't wait to cheer you along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects :) Looking forward to see the stitching from your expanding file. Multiple stitching isn't working for me anymore as I am getting into anxiety disorder. But keeping some projects ready to work on definitely helps in case I want to start one. I think I have some from previous year which will suffice for few months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your progress on hohoho! Have fun with the CJC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your stitching looks terrific and good luck with the CJC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...