Weekend Wrap-Up - Big Finish!
I did it! The Song of the Weather squares are all complete on the afghan!
with Caron Watercolours and Wildflowers in Blueberry and WDW Sea Foam
I don't have a photo of the whole piece as it's wrapped up ready for backing. I bought 2 pieces of fabric yesterday to use, but the colour guru (DH) didn't think they worked well enough. He chose black, and picked up a piece for me today.
I'll get pinning tonight and try and take a photo once I have it all straight.
I really liked working on December and I love how it turned out. The original design calls for beads for the dragonfly bodies and in the square filet filling stitches, but I decided against beads since I don't think they belong on an afghan.
For a change of pace I picked up my Mill Hill tree again. And couldn't find the pattern!! So I took a photo of the front picture and am stitching from that. I'm too close to the finish to give up. Here's where it is now:
Another day or two should do it. I'd like to complete this one and give it to a friend for Xmas this year. There's a get-together on Friday, so I'm debating about giving her this one or making something small and quick.
The mini cat patterns might be perfect since there are 4 cats in the household. :)
Don't forget to check out everyone else's work at the Stitchery Link-Up and Happy Stitching!