Monday, December 14, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up - Big Finish!

I did it! The Song of the Weather squares are all complete on the afghan! 

Here's December:
with Caron Watercolours and Wildflowers in Blueberry and WDW Sea Foam 

I don't have a photo of the whole piece as it's wrapped up ready for backing. I bought 2 pieces of fabric yesterday to use, but the colour guru (DH) didn't think they worked well enough. He chose black, and picked up a piece for me today. 

I'll get pinning tonight and try and take a photo once I have it all straight. 

I really liked working on December and I love how it turned out. The original design calls for beads for the dragonfly bodies and in the square filet filling stitches, but I decided against beads since I don't think they belong on an afghan. 

For a change of pace I picked up my Mill Hill tree again. And couldn't find the pattern!! So I took a photo of the front picture and am stitching from that. I'm too close to the finish to give up. Here's where it is now:

Another day or two should do it. I'd like to complete this one and give it to a friend for Xmas this year. There's a get-together on Friday, so I'm debating about giving her this one or making something small and quick. 

The mini cat patterns might be perfect since there are 4 cats in the household. :) 

Don't forget to check out everyone else's work at the Stitchery Link-Up and Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

5 comments:

  1. Oh this one is my favorite by far. Love the dragonflies!! Gorgeous work. Great progress on your Mill Hill piece. Hope you can figure out what needs to be where by the front picture. Good luck deciding which gift to gift afterall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. December is looking beautiful!! Yay, for the big finish:) can't wait to see the whole piece. Mill hill one is going great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your December finish with those cute little dragonflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous finish! I love the dragonflies too. Good luck with finishing the ornament minus the chart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both projects are lovely! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...