Wednesday, April 24, 2019

School of Magical Stitches and Literature Year 3, Week 9

I've been trying to get this post up for a few days now, let's see if I can manage it today. :)

It's week 9 and this week the Whomping Willow, a tree that's not quite sentient, but lives up to its name, has been quite annoyed by students going too close to it, and testing out the magic knot that makes it stop flailing its branches around. Also, a secret room has been discovered in a tunnel under the tree! Therefore, this week, we need to stitch on two separate tasks. This first can be done a couple ways.

Task 1 - Option A
Stitch 300 stitches on a tree, grass or shrubs, actually on that item, not just a project that includes those items

Task 1 - Option B
Stitch 300 stitches with green thread. 

Task 2 
Stitch 300 stitching on a building (not just a project with a building)

The alternative, which is new this week, is to stitch 450 stitches on 2 projects of your choice. I think it can be the same project, but you have to explain how you did not upset the Whomping Willow and how you did not let the secret out. 

I think I'd like to work on the 300 stitches tasks because then I'll have more time for the extra credit stitching. 

My thoughts, well, a finish now really, for the first task were to pull out Do Not Meddle, which was last here:
Do Not Meddle on 28 ct Monaco with charted DMC 1 over 1
And is now here:
after over 300 stitches of DMC 890, a pretty dark green. I think this will help with the rest of the dragon too with the outline started. 

For task 2, I don't have a lot of building options. There's one in Ballerina Dreams that I'm just getting started with:
Ignore the stitching, I'm mostly to the brown wall behind the girl as you can see here:
So this is an option for building, also the Ocean Curiosity has this castle thing on the far right:
I'm just not sure if it's 300 stitches because the rocks may not count. Plus it would involve some very good counting given that I'm only this far on the mermaid:

There's also a chance I could get out the Sleigh Ride Stocking and start on the church. That would take careful counting again, but should be possible. 
I'm only here, but the circular part is just a bit above the church steeple, so a possibility:

Two of these are larger kits that could definitely use some love. If you have any other ideas, please let me know! 

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

6 comments:

  1. I like your choices Tiffany. For the building I'm working on Pretty Little Chicago by Satsuma Street.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ballerina Dreams has grown... that's a pretty one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany: That is a lot of stitch's, I love working one over one, for some reason it looks so delicate.
    Have a great week-end.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dragon and mermaid, love them, they are looking great.
    That stocking is beautiful, keep on stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the 300 stitches in green, but doing 'penalty' for the other one. 450 is not that much more and for me, too, stitching on an actual building would involve a lot of counting! Also, I hope to finish another project this way that would not fit with any of the extra credit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green was probably the easier option and what an excuse to stitch another dragon! Good luck with finding a suitable building to stitch on; if you did start Hogwarts In A Bottle the castle itself would be ideal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...