Monday, April 1, 2019

School of Magical Stitches Year 3, Week 6

It's time for weekly homework assignments! This week we touch on aspects of the book like the Fat Lady (guardian of the Gryffindor dorms) vanishing, Snape taking over Lupin's class and skipping ahead to werewolves, and how Dementors made Harry fall off his broom. The assignment is to stitch 300 stitches on:

1) Fat Lady Vanishing - stitch on something at least 75% complete, i.e. WIP vanishing ;)
2) Snape abandoning lesson plan - stitch on something that is off course, like changed something in the design or a mistake you fudged in instead of frogging, etc.
3) Dementors causing black outs - stitch with dark threads

1) Fat Lady Vanishing - I have a few choices for this one. I'm thinking I'll get Tribal Dragon out again though and move it along a little more.
It's so close!

2)Abandoned Plans - I could potentially get Otto out maybe if I explain how I made a mistake counting, but it might be better to find something that I've changed up a bit. I read the question thread and changing colours is enough, so I have several projects that would meet that criteria.

Butterfly Quote
I Love You More Today
See You Later Alligator
LK's Snow Rules 
 AAN Maple Leaf
These are just a few options, but some haven't been worked on in a while, so it might be nice to get something different out for this week vs. plugging away at something that's close to a finish, like I Love You More Today. 

3) Dementors - dark threads - the easy answer to this is Princess and the Dragon since it's black. I'm tempted to see if I would have enough stitches in the Basset Hound though. It does use black and some dark browns. It hasn't been worked on in a while as well. 

 Also forgot about my New Year New Start, Lanarte Animal Parade as an option.

I should have a little time to work on something tonight, so I'll likely get Tribal Dragon out to get as much of the 300 stitches completed today as possible. Your opinions are always welcome on what to stitch for the other 2 options! I've also tried to update my WIP link so you can peruse that for other options. :) 

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

8 comments:

  1. To many choices Tiffany but I do like Snow Rules.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I am spoiled for choice in some ways, but 300 stitches could put that LK to a finish or near to it. :)

      Delete
  2. I love all your choices. Any piece you pick is a great fit. Keep up that motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any of your choices are good but, having browsed through your WIPs, what about considering one of the Frosty Friends for task 2 and Ocean Curiosity for task 3? It all depends what you feel like stitching on and whether you want to concentrate on trying to make good progress on a few projects or a little progress on many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I've been out of the loop for a while and in my own world! Look what you've been up too! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing really well with this SAL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiffany: You have many designs going, I would have a hard time deciding which one to stitch on.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really fun to pick out options for each homework! That week, I was traveling with just one project at my side, so a lot of penalty stitching happened.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...