Tuesday, April 9, 2019

School of Magical Stitches Year 3, Week 7 and Week 6

This week is an interesting one! Part of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is a disagreement/argument between Ron Weasley and Hermoine Granger regarding their pets. Ron has a rat and Hermoine added a cat this year. Her cat, Crookshanks detests Ron's pet rat, Scabbers. At one point it seemed as if Crookshanks had eaten Scabbers! Read the book to find out more. :)

The moderators have decided that this part of the book will play out in homework by choosing 2 projects that are fighting for your attention. You have to stitch 500 stitches on 2 separate projects, or an extra 250 penalty stitches on each project. I think that means if you were to only stitch on one project, you could stitch 750 stitches and 500 stitches, since it would count for one part of the homework, but not both. 

I plan on stitching on 2 separate projects, and already completed one of them. I can't show you since I'm hoping to finish it in time for Jo's Easter Blog Hop. :)

For the other project, maybe Tribal Dragon and try and get a finish this week? I managed to move it along last week to here:

Tribal Dragon by White Willow Stitching
stitched 1 over 1 on 25ct pewter Lugana with Waterlilies/Kreinik and Soie Cristale

There might be less than 500 stitches left, but I can expand that to another project if needed. 

Week 6 and EC

I had planned to work on finishing homework and some extra credit while I was away over the weekend, and I packed my remaining homework on Butterfly Quote and Princess and the Dragon for stitching during lectures, but I forgot to pack needles!! I was so annoyed at myself. 

I did get 306 stitches into Butterfly Quote, even though I had to cram some in Sunday night before the due date. :)
Butterfly Quote by Jodyri Designs
Stitched 2 over 1 on 14ct fabric with Jodyri threads

I also brought along some knitting and almost finished a sock!
Goneril sock pattern with Mirasol sock yarn on 2.25mm needles (addi flexi-flips)

I'm looking forward to finishing up this week's homework early and getting some extra credit in. There's no bonus points for completing all the EC assignments, so I'm not too worried if I don't get them all in. 

Hope you've all had a good week!

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

7 comments:

  1. Great update Tiff! Good luck with finishing your Dragon this week ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the sock, a great pattern and nice yarn you chose for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fun post Tiffany. I am way way behind on EC.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work. Congrats on completing a project and a possible soon finish on the beautiful dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your Dragon is adorable.
    So sorry you forgot your needles, I always carry a couple in my billfold just in case I forget needles.
    Love the color of your socks.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress! Traveling without needles...I know the feelings. Once I actually forgot to bring any, once I only brought one and lost it. Now I always bring extras!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won't wish you good luck for the week as you will have completed this homework by now, so I'll look forward to reading how you did! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...