Monday, July 20, 2020

Spring Into Summer New Start Binge #16 - Magical Arrival

Here we are at the penultimate weekend of starts! I was tempted to add last week that it was the antipenultimate weekend because that's one word I've never forgotten. Our high school music teacher used to use it because he wanted to show off our knowledge if the VP or Principal ever walked into our class to observe. He'd say "We'll start at the antipenultimate bar." It means the 3rd bar from the end, or 3rd last.

Rachel has her post up and I'm sure Annie will soon too, so please check out their new starts on their blogs as well. Only one more to go this weekend! It seems so short looking back at it now.

Once again I tossed out my sensible plans of sticking with small projects, unless you count this as a "small" HaED....

and I managed to get here:

that's almost 2K stitches into it already, of about 23K total needed. There's also something a little unusual about this chart. I noticed it when I looked at the thread list. Any guesses what it might be? I'll mention it in next week's post.

It felt really good to start this one. Life in general has been pretty stressful with everything and the decision on whether or not to homeschool this year for DD has just added a little more. A new start on something I've had in my stash for years felt nice, and I love that I had a long piece of 25ct Magic Guide to make it that much easier. I got this on clearance from Charting Creations, I think it was 10"x52"? Something odd, but I had a couple projects that I knew would fit, and this was my first purchase of pre-gridded fabric. The first project I started was Tiger Stare, which is what I purchased it for. I may be able to get that one out again soon now that the new start binge is almost over.

Also, a finish! Celtic Ice is complete:
Celtic Ice by Ink Circles
stitched 2 over 2 on 28?ct linen 
with Carrie's Creations Night Storm and Blue Dreams

I hope you've all been staying healthy and not letting the stress get to you like I've been doing. It's hard, but it is good to have stitching and crafting and things to take a break from the rest.

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

10 comments:

  1. Celtic Ice is a very pretty design.
    2000 stitch's is a load of stitch's.
    Have a great week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the penultimate start! You can see the picture appearing already. I wonder if the unusual thing is "no black thread"?
    The Celtic Ice looks fabulous on the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous new start, and you've managed to stitch quite a bit too! I look forward to following your progress on this one <3! Things have been crazy for me too but that is mainly because it's vacation time in Sweden and suddenly everyone has time to meet up for a walk, or something else that doesn't break the social distancing too much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listen to you and your smart words, nice to learn something new!
    I love that little dragon, but have no idea what's unusual about it.
    Celtic Ice is a fabulous finish, no more frogs!
    Did you decide on whether or not you're homeschooling your DD?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned the meaning of penultimate while helping in a second grade class about five years ago. Up until that point, I thought it meant something else. So, thanks for the vocabulary lesson.
    Nice progress on Magical and Celtic Ice looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on finishing Celtic Ice and crossing another WIP off your list. You made an amazing start on Magical Arrival too. PK is so obviously the way to go with full-coverage pieces.
    When I see any word beginning with anti it always makes me think of 'anti-distinctly-minty'. I think you'll get the reference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read your comment on my blog <3!
    Oh my, you are so incredible kind to even think about me and the missing threads I need for latest project!!! It just blows my mind <3 <3 <3 I must admit that I LOVE these designs and love working on them so it is very frustrating to be without some colours<3 Despite this, I have already decided that my last start is going to be another lighthouse on dark aida....as long as my eyes can cope with it...
    So if you have the missing threads (DMC 321, 517, 720, 722, 747, 991, 3706, 3801, 3842, 3844), I'd be very happy to do a craft exchange. I can knit some socks for you or/and a pair of mittens if you'd like? I have plenty more yarn than I have threads since I have to order threads from abroad but can buy yarn here in Sweden:D
    Anyway, here's my e-mail if you want to contact me further:
    ac_jakobsson@hotmail.com.
    Thank you so much again for your amazing offer and enjoy your last start in the challenge <3. Can't wait to see what you picked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Celtic ice looks great! I wonder if Jo is correct - there is no black thread in the design? The last two big cross-stitches I have worked on had no black thread, but lots of 'very dark brown' x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is a great start - you are certainly going all out for this one! And you got so much in already, how lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh I love this one. Can't wait to hear what's different about this one. Lovely finish too. Now I can't wait to watch this HAED grow though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...