Wednesday, September 16, 2026

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #80 - First Encounter No. 8 by Crossed Wing Collection

I love the detail in the Crossed Wing Collection charts. It does make them somewhat time-consuming to stitch, but they look so good! Today's start will likely be a gift for my parents if I can make it into something, possibly framed as it is in the chart photo. 

I managed a decent start and got in some greens for the leaves. I think it looks pretty nice on this fabric, another from the vast stash of Chromatic Alchemy I have from when I was in her FOTM club. 
First Encounter No. 8 by Crossed Wing Collection
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Celeste by Chromatic Alchemy
with DMC as charted

This will be one that takes a while, but it is very fun to stitch, so it will be enjoyable as well. I love the fabric and it has enough colours that it could be from almost any kind of sky/flowers/trees background in a sort of Impressionist way. 

In some ways it's hard to believe I've started 80 projects, but when I look at the banker's boxes full of them, it's easy to see it as well. I think I'm still at a good pace to get 100 completed, and am now debating if number 100 should be the Chatelaine I purchased ages ago and finally received the threads for last year. Hmm, it's an idea. Although pulling out a lot of the smalls to try and get more finishes before the end of the year would be nice as well. 

I hope you've all had good days of stitching!

Happy Stiching, 

Tiffstitch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments!

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #80 - First Encounter No. 8 by Crossed Wing Collection

I love the detail in the Crossed Wing Collection charts. It does make them somewhat time-consuming to stitch, but they look so good! Today...