Friday, September 18, 2026

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #81 - Alphabirds by Crossed Wing Collection

Clearly I've chosen too many big ones, but this one is really cool, and I'm excited to start it. Again, this might be for my parents when it's finished. 

Since it is a big one, I only had one piece of fabric that would work, which is a pretty big piece of light grey/blue 25ct. Therefore I needed to adjust the colours of the letters since they would have been almost invisible. I went with some light purples and it stands out well. I also chose a nice green for the leafy border and here's where I got to:
Alphabirds by Crossed Wing Collection
stitched 2 over 2 on 25ct grey evenweave
with DMC 210 and 211 for letters and Silks4U PR 130

This is a giant paper chart that you have to unfold for each letter. It's kind of involved, but fun to work on as well, besides one of my cats deciding it had to be his hidey hole and tried to dig through it. He's a little odd, inherited from a co-worker going through some medical issues. He's not 2 years old yet though, so the kitten is still strong in him. He's much cuddlier than my other 2 cats which is nice, and he's getting along with DD really well. 

Bandit

He's learned quickly that cross stitch is not a toy, so that's a good thing. Even my older cat likes to chase the threads sometimes while I'm stitching if he's on my lap. 

I hope you've all had a good day or two of stitching!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments!

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #81 - Alphabirds by Crossed Wing Collection

Clearly I've chosen too many big ones, but this one is really cool, and I'm excited to start it. Again, this might be for my parents...