Friday, January 20, 2017

Friday For Finishing! and Some WIP Updates

Time to update some finishes! I managed to fully finish both the octopus and the card, and I even mailed the card out! I forgot to send a couple other things (sorry Linda, I forgot again!) so it's nice to know I'm still the same old forgetful me. 

Here's the finished Octopus made into a coaster:

And January into a card:

Plus I finished off one of my DUCJFC 2016 new starts:

It's not fully finished yet though. 

As is typical, once I give myself a deadline (Valentine's Day) for my next WIP (Somebunny) I want to stitch on something else instead. I decided to pick up Reflections of Canada by Ink Circles to get a little more done before working on Somebunny. 

Reflections of Canada was here on August 13, 2016:
and one night of stitching to here:

and then I remembered that I have a stand, apparently too many smalls makes me forget things that are right beside my stitching spot.. so I got a lot more done the next night:

2 handed stitching is so nice! And I picked up Somebunny the next time I had time to stitch and got quite a bit done while watching A Series of Unfortunate Events, the new Netflix series. 

Somebunny was here on November 12, 2016:
and now:

I'm really happy with this one, and with the progress I've been able to make in just one night. I really think that I'll be able to be done stitching in a week and be fully finished by Valentine's Day. There's no hockey tonight or tomorrow, so I'm really looking forward to the progress I might be able to make just this weekend. I think backstitch is the next thing I'll do to kind of catch up to the cross stitch. 

I hope you all have good stitching weekends, Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

27 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours and motifs in the Inkcircles piece. Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the cute finishes Tiffany. Nice progress on the others. No problem on the chart. Thanks for letting me know. I was afraid it might have got lost in the mail.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I'm terrible about remembering to go to the post office. I'll try and include something special when I finally get it sent. I'm aiming for this week!

      Delete
  3. Lovely finishes. Great progress on both WIPs - nice to see a head appearing on Somebunny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice the red one and the last one seems to become lovely. 🤗💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the January card, So I checked out the blog and think I've found what I want to stitch for the year. Tiff you are such an enabler! You've made great progress on Canada and Somebunny too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your octopus! I'm getting the threads today so hopefully I can start later. Congrats on January finished finish. The almost finish is too cute too. Congrats. Wow you got a lot done on both WIPs. Great job!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started watching a series of unfortunate events too! Yay :) Gorgeous stitching again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it's a fun series. Have you read the books?

      Delete
  8. Nice finishes and progress. I'm so impressed you play hockey! My knees scream just thinking about it. I watched a series of unfortunate events too. Neil Patrick Henry was pretty good. Now I'm watching Hell on Wheels. It got interesting the second season so I need to go back and watch the first. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hockey! I played consistently from age 9 through 18, then intermittently since then until last year and this year I'm back to at least once a week. Thanks for the recommendation too!

      Delete
  9. What pretty work. Love the octopus finish and the wonderful ink circles piece, that looks complicated. Somebunny nearly finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards, that octopus is adorable, love the Ink Circles, what a beauty.
    Back stitching does bring out a design sometimes I do not do back stitching due to sometimes it does not look good to me and other times it really does the design justice.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that octopus!! Congratulations on your finishes. Your WIPs are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two very nice finishes. And sooo much progress on the two projects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the octopus and the way you've finished it.
    Great stitching progress on your other projects, somebunny is just so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finish for the octopus and card.
    Lovely progress, the redwork is lovely and somebunny is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your needles must be smoking! The octopus coaster is so cute and I love Reflections of Canada, the motifs are lots of fun. I wish I could master two-handed stitching, you really got a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous progress, Tiffany on both projects. I especially like the redwork on Reflections of Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, great progress and lovely finishes! I love the Octopus in the coaster... he really is so cute :o)
    The redwork on Reflections of Canada is gorgeous!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute finishes!! Love the Somebunny, it has grown a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are some nice small finishes and great progress on the bigger projects, too! You sure get a lot done in just one evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some evenings I can get a couple straight hours if I ignore other tasks, and that happens more than it probably should.

      Delete
  20. Love the coaster and card!! I'm the exact same, as soon as I set the deadline that's the last piece I want to stitch. Glad to see you did manage to make progress on Somebunny. You did amazing work on it and the Ink Circles piece.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your finishes, especially the octopus! Your reflections is coming along nicely and the bunny is getting cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the projects! I especially like the January card. Such pretty colors. That little octopus is adorable, too! Keep up the lovely work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...