Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Top 5 Tuesday - Top 5 Travel Charts

Kate has brought back Top 5 Tuesdays and this week's theme is travel. We're to post about 5 travel charts we really like, or have stitched, etc. 

TOP 5 TRAVEL CHARTS

1. Hearts of series by Victoria Sampler

The Hearts of Canada series is out of print, so I doubt I will ever be able to stitch these, but they're fun little stitches that have the flowers and animals that relate to the region. There is also a Hearts of America series that might still be in print. 

2. Afternoon in series by Country Cottage Needleworks


These are fun little designs that incorporate a lot of travel destinations, like London above, Paris, Rome, etc. 

3. Pretty Little series by Satsuma Street


You can find several major cities in her Etsy shop, or a generic Pretty Little City if none of the others grab your fancy. I haven't stitched any of these yet, but many stitchers have, especially Linda of Stitchin' with my Furbabies has a few on the go. 

4. Cities by Tiny Modernist
This is another series I saw from Linda's blog. She has several of these started as well, although I can't remember if she's stitching this one. Definitely a lot of the American cities are in her WIP pile. :) Check them all out in the Etsy shop

5. Let's RV by Imaginating

These word pictures Imaginating makes look so fun! I haven't stitched any yet, but those who have say they do come together fairly quickly. I would be tempted to use a nice hand-dyed floss on some of the words at least to make it a little more interesting and it would turn into a fun pillow maybe? 

I hope you enjoyed the list and found some inspiration!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

16 comments:

  1. Great pieces! I love stitching the word designs by Imaginating.

    Oh by the way I wanted to let you know I'm mad at you. I just caved and bought the Under the Sea SAL. (haha) Thanks for twisting my arm. I just can't get that cute octopus out of my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful choice's to stitch, I love the London, so very pretty.
    I have done SAL's in the past but never seem to follow through.
    I hope you are having great weather and loads of stitching.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! I went the "usual" way, but I do like a lot of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tiffany. Thank you for mentioning my blog. I have all 15 of the Satsuma cities started and all of the Tiny Modernist cities started but none finished. They really are a joy to stitch.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the cityscapes from the pretty little series. I don't think I've seen the tiny modernist ones Before but they are fab too. Really enjoy reading your top 5 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Pretty Little Cities, and I think those hearts (both America and Alaska) are really pretty! I want to stitch all of the former, but I'll probably pass on the latter and just look at them lovingly from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great selection! I have the afternoon in London & Paris... Which I will have to stitch one day!!!
    I am currently working on the word shape one, it's a snowman. I won the chart from Katie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices! And thanks for reminding me I have the Hearts of Canada series. I must find them and maybe get a few stitches done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Satsuma Street cities keep pestering me to buy them. They need to cut it out! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great charts. I think I will stick with Baker Beach for right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun charts! I really like the CCN chart. Of course, that could just be because I'm partial to their charts in general.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely collection of bright and colourful designs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous designs, Tiffany, some of them were new to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...