Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Top 5 Tuesday: Last 5 Films Watched

Kate had the theme up, but I didn't notice until she posted on her blog, so I'm a little late to the game with my post. I hope you all enjoy films! I don't watch too many, so this may be a challenge for me to remember what we've watched recently. 

LAST 5 FILMS WATCHED

1. Inside Out

I don't know if I'm the last person ever to watch this one, but I think I might be close. It seems like everyone had watched this one already. I'm sorry I had waited, because it's so good! It's like you're watching the inner turmoil of one child as something major happened (moving to another state at age 11) and why we react how we do as if we have no control. It's really interesting and sad and funny and everything a good movie should be. We watched it all together Sunday night and DD covers her eyes with her hands in the "scary" parts. There aren't really any scary parts though, but the ones that she doesn't know what's going to happen, etc. 

2. The Mermaid


This is such a fantastic movie! I talked about it last year on here as well, and yes, I've watched it again. This time with my SIL who is so annoyed she can't watch it anywhere in Canada. I feel like it's kind of a retelling of Romeo and Juliet, as so many movies are, and the funny bits are so incredibly funny! The main characters are a very, very rich entrepreneur and Shan, a seemingly poor girl. Against all odds they're falling in love, but there's an evil woman trying to get the rich man to herself and once it's discovered that there's more to Shan than just a poor girl, it gets really intense. 

3. Deadpool

I really do like watching this film. There are so many good aspects to it. It has a great story, and it certainly can be offensive if you're not a fan of crude language. It feels like a grown-up superhero movie, meaning it has all the adventure of a movie for children, but there's a lot more swearing and adult content. Plus there's a major fight scene to Angel of the Morning.. and how can that not be funny? It's over-the-top in a good way generally. 

4. Captain America: Civil War

Again I was a little late watching this compared to most other people, and it was a good movie. A long movie, but good. I enjoyed the different twists the plot took to get to the end result. It does help to have seen at least the other Avengers movies, and Captain America: Winter Soldier, but you can pick up the plot line even if you haven't. 

Basically Captain America thinks that the Avengers should not have government oversight because he's too familiar with how governments can use "assets" to personal gains and Iron Man/Tony Stark feels that the government should have oversight because he's still hurting from his enormous mistake in Avengers: Age of Ultron. It's interesting to see who teams up with whom and how it all plays out. The other part is how there's a mastermind behind trying to create all the dissension within the Avengers, and Black Panther turns up! Very cool character and can't wait to see that movie as well. 

5. The Little Prince

I still do not understand why they didn't release this in theatres in the USA. It's a wonderful film. It's not the story of the book, which would be difficult, it's the story of a little girl who's very school and goal focused because that's how her mother is bringing her up. Her mother works long hours now that she is a single parent (divorce) and the little girl is left with a very comprehensive schedule of everything she is to do each day. Snack time has its own slot.. so very regimented, but clearly her mother loves her and only wants her to have the best options in her life. 

The little girl meets the wacky neighbour, a retired pilot with an old plane in his backyard, fantastically voiced by Jeff Bridges, and they begin a friendship and he tells her of the Little Prince. It feels to me like a lot of the story is the little girl becoming aware of her own imagination and that she can have an impact on the rest of the world. It's a beautiful story and if you haven't watched it, you should. This is for everyone. My DD loves it and has a stuffed fox based on the movie. 

I hope you enjoyed the list and maybe I introduced you to something you haven't seen before. 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

14 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any of them but they all sound like great movies.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all new to me as well. I must check out a few of them. Thanks Tiff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inside out is a fab film. I've not heard of mermaid though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun movies! I've seen most of them. My last 5 would be Now You See Me 1 & 2 and the entire Harry Potter series. Yep, we go back every once in a awhile and splurge and revisit some fun ones. We did watch most of the last season of Gilmore Girls so that we could watch the 4 new(er) seasonal episodes. Not really movies, but nearly as long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watch a movie everyday, yes I'm addicted and still have seen only one out of this list. Thanks for the list , I now have movies on my to-watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watch lots of movies. I have seen the first one out of your list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Little Prince too :) its a beautiful story. Thanks for joining in every week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you again for your help! :) I'm glad to, you think of great topics.

      Delete
  8. Oh yes, I remember watching Inside Out at the cinema with my family :) I found some parts of the film really good & hilarious but others a bit boring.... Anyway, are you ready for the Lego Batman movie???!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. To haven't watched any of these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great movies. I loved Inside Out and we talked to our inner characters for a long time after watching it. LOVED Deadpool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, The Little Prince is now on my list and I'll have to find the Mermaid! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved Inside Out!! Bing Bong!! *sobs!!* I adore all Captain America movies, so I loved Civil War (except I think Cap wouldn't have lost it there at the end like he does a little bit). I'll have to put Mermaid and The Little Prince on my list. Little Prince was really already there. =) But I am "one of those people" who won't enjoy Deadpool and am horrified when I see parents dressing their toddlers as Deadpool! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen any of these but Inside out is on my to watch list....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...