Sunday, July 25, 2021

2021 Tokyo Olympics Stitching Challenge Start #3

Day 3 for me and have you been checking Rachel's posts as well? She has some great new starts for you to add to your wish lists. I feel like I forgot to mention that the first day, and that's remiss of me given it's entirely her fault idea. :) 

Today I've been excited watching some swimming. There were some amazing medals, from an upset by a Tunisian swimmer to some Olympic records by Canadian and American swimmers. Did you know swimming has always been in the modern Olympics? And both women and men have been competing since 1912. It's always exciting to watch, and there's events for almost everyone interested, from short one length sprints of 50m to 10km marathon swim. There's almost as many swimming events as there are track and field, so that's a lot of different competitors and a lot of opportunities for countries to medal. 

Swimming is another sport I competed in when I was in elementary school, on the local swim team. I wasn't the fastest in most of the strokes, but I could win front crawl at some meets. We won't talk about what kind of swimming shape I'm in now though. :) 

Today's start is yet another seasonal one, I seem to have a lot of these somehow. 

I managed a pretty significant start on this one, over 700 stitches, but it will definitely take a while to finish. 
It's a Wonderful Life by Mill Hill
stitched as charted on 14ct perforated paper

I like all the details on this pattern, even though it will mean a lot of colour changes and beadwork. 

I hope you're all staying well!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

6 comments:

  1. Love this new start, and so apt for Christmas In July too! The end result of these Buttons and Beads kits is quite something.
    Didn't I read somewhere that 'swimming' originally included underwater obstacle courses? We may laugh at the idea now, but a century ago that must have been an elite sport... how times have changed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe! I didn't get that in my quick scan of things, but that would have been entertaining to watch. Especially with the nice underwater cameras they have now. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hi Tiff: I have not seen this design before I love it.
    Nice start on it.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too! Had to have it when I saw it. :)

      Delete
  3. You certainly were active growing up, good for you!
    This is a really sweet piece, I'm not sure I've seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I hadn't either, maybe this is their new stuff? Yes, I played almost everything my town had, and sometimes had to travel for hockey too.

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...