Wednesday, August 19, 2026

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #71 - Harriet Tubman by The Primitive Hare

Time for another start with only a few colours. So, remember, this won't take as long because there's less colour changes. :)

Of course, there's still a lot of stitching to do! 


I think this is my first Primitive Hare chart. It won't be the last, there's another one coming up next in a similar style. So far I'm happy with the chart, even though it's paper and generally I'd prefer Pattern Keeper if possible. It's very big though, A4 I think, so it's easy to see all of the symbols. 

I managed a couple days of stitching on this one and 3 different colours of brown. There's several still to go though!
Harriet Tubman by The Primitive Hare
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Vellum by Chromatic Alchemy
with DMC as charted

In case you're not familiar with Harriet Tubman and her important work with the Underground Railroad to help slaves fleeing from the US, there's more info here on Wikipedia. 

I'll be glad to get back to this one and get it framed and up on the wall somewhere. Possibly at work so more people can see it? We'll see. The finish will need to come first. 

I hope you've all had some good stitching days!

Happy Stitching, 

Tiffstitch

4 comments:

  1. I'm way behind blog reading, sorry. I like Primitive Hare designs and this looks lovely, no wonder you are keen to stitch it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first one, but I don't think it will be the last. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I did not know Harriet Tubman, at least not by name, so this pattern is already doing some educational work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a very remarkable character. We learned about her growing up in Canada, and she's an even more important character in the US.

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

2026 September Wrap-Up - Surprise Trip!

So the big news from me is I got a huge surprise for my birthday this year. DH bought me a trip to Scotland to stay with my best friend from...